katello-nightly-rpm-pipeline 633 failed

Katello nightly pipeline failed:

https://ci.theforeman.org/job/katello-nightly-rpm-pipeline/633/

foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos7-install (passed)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos7-upgrade (failed)

@ehelms this looks related to your recent changes around selinux in the installer?

[ INFO 2020-08-06T13:24:11 verbose] Ensuring rh-postgresql12-postgresql-server, rh-redis5-redis, foreman-selinux, katello-selinux, candlepin-selinux, pulpcore-selinux, crane-selinux to package state installed
Failed to ensure rh-postgresql12-postgresql-server, rh-redis5-redis, foreman-selinux, katello-selinux, candlepin-selinux, pulpcore-selinux, crane-selinux are installed
[ERROR 2020-08-06T13:24:19 verbose] Failed to ensure rh-postgresql12-postgresql-server, rh-redis5-redis, foreman-selinux, katello-selinux, candlepin-selinux, pulpcore-selinux, crane-selinux are installed
[1;31mError: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install crane-selinux' returned 1: Error: Nothing to do[0m
[1;31mError: /Stage[main]/Main/Package[crane-selinux]/ensure: change from 'purged' to 'present' failed: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install crane-selinux' returned 1: Error: Nothing to do[0m

I missed a change to 2.1.1 that would include crane-selinux in the repository.

The katello-selinux package 3.4.0, that includes the new sub-package, was not tagged to EL7 by me. I will need to sign them and then run the Foreman 2.1 pipelines to push them out. Any concerns with that plan @tbrisker ?

Nope, good thing the pipeline caught this quickly.

Also, is there something we can add to the release procedure to make sure we don’t miss these in the future?

This one is more of a tooling and testing. We can add some features to our RPM packaging job to ensure packages are tagged and exist in the tag. We could add Katello test run to the Foreman pipeline (heavy handed).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.