Katello rpm timestamp preservation

Background: Migrating our production systems from Spacewalk by exporting rpms from /var/satellite to yum repos. Will transfer yum repos to Katello systems for import into products/content views. Spacewalk-export-channels isn’t an option because rpm timestamps are changed to export time. Even grabbing rpms from /var/satellite the rpms have timestamp of when they were imported. Confirmed altered timestamp by comparing an older centos kernel version with listing on vault.centos.org.

Fast forward. Katello. Checked if rpms in /var/lib/pulp/content/units/rpm had original timestamps, or import timestamps. RPM file listed on vault.centos.org as August 2017 and on my system as June 2018, the import date.

Questions. Is there no way, the original timestamp can be preserved, when imported from local yum repo into Katello?
Preserving original timestamps seems important for archiving purposes, migration to another Katello server, or eventually to a new opensource version of Satellite 7. Haven’t done a Katello export yet do all the rpms get changed to export time, or at least retain their import timestamp?

Thank you!

Not sure why the timestamp should be important, when I look at rpms for me the information included are more important. The timestamp included is the build date which will never change during import, export or any other action.