i have been working on satellite API to allow uploading puppet module from
GIT repository to Satellite repository, i was impressed by
puppet-blacksmith and i have created similar utility which will allow to
"tag" module, update "metadata.json" and create tar.gz and upload it to
below is source code ( Document is coming soon and also code is wip ).
steps to use it.
- Clone above repository ( currently i dont have gem )
- create new module ( puppet generate dj-testing )
- Update Rakefile with below contents ( make sure you have required gems
installed and RUBYLIB path is set )
require 'puppetlabs_spec_helper/rake_tasks' # needed for some module packaging tasks
- create "etc/sat-simple-config.yml" file with below contents
sat_server: "your satellite server"
now once your puppet module is ready, you can run task.
rake satellite:upload("repo_id") ==> Pass repository ID
and it will upload module for you …!!!
- create tasks for emergency upload module ( incremental update directly to CV, currently there is BUG which doesnt allow update module to CCV )
- Write tests
- refector code
I am awaiting for your feedback and suggestions + Pull requests + Issues.