Kickstart default finish doesn't run

Hello everybody,

Problem:

Kickstart default finish doesn’t run after kickstart default provisioning. Rocky Linux 8.4 gets installed on the client, and the storage is configured properly, but neither Katello nor Puppet are configured despite being in the rendered provisioning script. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, as I am not sure where to start to troubleshoot! Many thanks.

Expected outcome:

Kickstart default finish to run after kickstart default provisioning

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman 3.0 and Katello 4.2

Distribution and version:

Rocky Linux 8.4 on both Foreman and clients

Other relevant data:

Hello,

finish scripts do not run on kickstart workflows, these are for cloud provisioning. The name is confusing a ton:

https://docs.theforeman.org/nightly/Provisioning_Guide/index-foreman-el.html#_configuring_a_finish_template_for_an_amazon_web_service_ec2_environment

Thanks @lzap - I totally missed this in the documentation. Perhaps I was using the wrong terminology - is the correct term post-install instead?

The rendered provisioning script contains a post-install section as of line 52 for installing Kallo and Puppet, but they don’t get installed.

When I follow the terminal, I see that kickstart exits tmux at some point, which I presume is the switch to TTY3 described on lines 55-59. After staying on that screen for some time, the bare metal node reboots. Upon reboot, there is no sign that the commands were run at all.

Do you have any advice on how I can go about troubleshooting this?

Many thanks!
Nic

Does your provisioned machine have access to the internet to contact external repositories? If not, you may be having the same issues i had.

@birkirf - you hit the nail right on its head. I was running this on a subnet that did not have an internet connection. I set up a gateway on this subnet that NATs into another subnet that has internet, and it works now. Thanks a lot for the help!