Log file is filled with RoutingError messages

Problem:
I just looked in the /var/log/foreman/production.log file on my Foreman server, and discovered that it is filled with thousands upon thousands of these error messages:

2022-12-06T16:55:53 [I|app|26a0f2cf] Started GET "/api/enc/testhost" for x.x.x.x at 2022-12-06 16:55:53 -0500
2022-12-06T16:55:53 [F|app|26a0f2cf]   
 26a0f2cf | ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [GET] "/api/enc/testhost"):
 26a0f2cf |   
 26a0f2cf | lib/foreman/middleware/logging_context_request.rb:11:in `call'
 26a0f2cf | katello (4.6.0) lib/katello/prevent_json_parsing.rb:12:in `call'

The strange thing is that the Foreman console is running normally, and repositories are syncing daily.

So what is causing all these error messgaes? The errors are streaming in faster that I can read them at the rate of about 4G/day, so I’d really like to get them to stop.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.4.1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Katello 4.6.0

Distribution and version:
Alma Linux 8.7

Who is x.x.x.x? We don’t have a /api/enc/:host route (and I can’t remember us ever having one), so it seems whatever is issuing the request is doing something wrongly?

Ah, this seems to come from the Chef handler? chef-handler-foreman/foreman_enc_fetcher.rb at master · theforeman/chef-handler-foreman · GitHub

Ah, thanks. We are using the Chef handler. This gives me a good place to start looking.

x.x.x.x is just a redacted IP address.