Mid-sprint demos

It was brought up during the retrospective that it would be useful to
give and receive feedback on features while thework is still in
progress. Possible (and lighter-weight) approaches would be to introduce
a mid-sprint demo, or re-purpose Deep Dives.

Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as
the audiences are differentbetween these two are different.

Thoughts/preferences/opinions?
-d

I'd be happy to use a deep dive session if somebody wants to show
something in progress too, if that's clear. We don't have one every
single week, so there's time available.

··· On 12/11/13 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote: > It was brought up during the retrospective that it would be useful to > give and receive feedback on features while thework is still in > progress. Possible (and lighter-weight) approaches would be to introduce > a mid-sprint demo, or re-purpose Deep Dives. > > Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as > the audiences are differentbetween these two are different. > > Thoughts/preferences/opinions?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

I'm not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was always
to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented work
is finished. I also feel it's fine to let the community see what we're
considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we've roughly
finished.

In case the above isn't obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss
in-progress work :slight_smile:

Greg

··· On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:

+1 we already used deep dives to show unfinished work (e.g.
foreman_content plugin a while ago).

Ohad

··· On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Greg Sutcliffe wrote: > On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote: >> >> Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as >> the audiences are differentbetween these two are different. > > > I'm not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was always > to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented work > is finished. I also feel it's fine to let the community see what we're > considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we've roughly > finished. > > In case the above isn't obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss > in-progress work :) >

If it's also for unfinished work, then I can show API v2 next Tuesday.

··· ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Dominic Cleal" > To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com > Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:54:58 PM > Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos > > On 13/11/13 10:50, Ohad Levy wrote: > > On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Greg Sutcliffe > > wrote: > >> On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote: > >>> > >>> Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as > >>> the audiences are differentbetween these two are different. > >> > >> > >> I'm not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was > >> always > >> to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented work > >> is finished. I also feel it's fine to let the community see what we're > >> considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we've roughly > >> finished. > >> > >> In case the above isn't obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss > >> in-progress work :) > >> > > +1 we already used deep dives to show unfinished work (e.g. > > foreman_content plugin a while ago). > > Who would like Tuesday's slot? > > Some interesting topics might be Amos' plugin and menu redesign or > Joseph's APIv2 updates? > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >

I can talk about the plugins on the next slot.
Amos

··· ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Joseph Magen" > To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com > Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:46:19 AM > Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos > > If it's also for unfinished work, then I can show API v2 next Tuesday. > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Dominic Cleal" > > To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com > > Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:54:58 PM > > Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos > > > > On 13/11/13 10:50, Ohad Levy wrote: > > > On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Greg Sutcliffe > > > wrote: > > >> On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh > > >> wrote: > > >>> > > >>> Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as > > >>> the audiences are differentbetween these two are different. > > >> > > >> > > >> I'm not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was > > >> always > > >> to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented > > >> work > > >> is finished. I also feel it's fine to let the community see what we're > > >> considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we've roughly > > >> finished. > > >> > > >> In case the above isn't obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss > > >> in-progress work :) > > >> > > > +1 we already used deep dives to show unfinished work (e.g. > > > foreman_content plugin a while ago). > > > > Who would like Tuesday's slot? > > > > Some interesting topics might be Amos' plugin and menu redesign or > > Joseph's APIv2 updates? > > > > -- > > Dominic Cleal > > Red Hat Engineering > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > "foreman-dev" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >

Who would like Tuesday's slot?

Some interesting topics might be Amos' plugin and menu redesign or
Joseph's APIv2 updates?

··· On 13/11/13 10:50, Ohad Levy wrote: > On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Greg Sutcliffe > wrote: >> On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote: >>> >>> Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as >>> the audiences are differentbetween these two are different. >> >> >> I'm not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was always >> to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented work >> is finished. I also feel it's fine to let the community see what we're >> considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we've roughly >> finished. >> >> In case the above isn't obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss >> in-progress work :) >> > +1 we already used deep dives to show unfinished work (e.g. > foreman_content plugin a while ago).

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

As a plugin author, I'd love to see more on the proposed improvements - I'm
sure other plugin authors would too.

Thanks Amos, I'll book that for Tuesday at 2.30pm UTC.

··· -- Dominic Cleal Red Hat Engineering

On 13/11/13 13:54, Amos Benari wrote:

I can talk about the plugins on the next slot.
Amos

----- Original Message -----

To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:46:19 AM
Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos

If it’s also for unfinished work, then I can show API v2 next Tuesday.

----- Original Message -----

To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:54:58 PM
Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos

On 13/11/13 10:50, Ohad Levy wrote:

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Greg Sutcliffe >>>> greg.sutcliffe@gmail.com wrote:

On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh witlessbird@gmail.com >>>>> wrote:

I’m not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was
always
to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented
work
is finished. I also feel it’s fine to let the community see what we’re
considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we’ve roughly
finished.

In case the above isn’t obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss
in-progress work :slight_smile:

+1 we already used deep dives to show unfinished work (e.g.
foreman_content plugin a while ago).

Who would like Tuesday’s slot?

Some interesting topics might be Amos’ plugin and menu redesign or
Joseph’s APIv2 updates?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"foreman-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"foreman-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ok. Dominic, I can reserve the deep-dive time slot at the beginning of
each sprint if you'd like (as I schedule a few other meetings anyway).
-d

··· On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Dominic Cleal wrote: > Thanks Amos, I'll book that for Tuesday at 2.30pm UTC. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering > > On 13/11/13 13:54, Amos Benari wrote: >> I can talk about the plugins on the next slot. >> Amos >> >> ----- Original Message ----- >>> From: "Joseph Magen" >>> To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com >>> Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:46:19 AM >>> Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos >>> >>> If it's also for unfinished work, then I can show API v2 next Tuesday. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> ----- Original Message ----- >>>> From: "Dominic Cleal" >>>> To: foreman-dev@googlegroups.com >>>> Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:54:58 PM >>>> Subject: Re: [foreman-dev] Mid-sprint demos >>>> >>>> On 13/11/13 10:50, Ohad Levy wrote: >>>>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Greg Sutcliffe >>>>> wrote: >>>>>> On 12 November 2013 13:36, Dmitri Dolguikh >>>>>> wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Personally, I like the idea of keeping deep dives and demos separate as >>>>>>> the audiences are differentbetween these two are different. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> I'm not so sure they are different. The purpose of the Deep Dive was >>>>>> always >>>>>> to get into something technical, it makes no claim that the presented >>>>>> work >>>>>> is finished. I also feel it's fine to let the community see what we're >>>>>> considering doing (and get their input) as well as what we've roughly >>>>>> finished. >>>>>> >>>>>> In case the above isn't obvious, +1 for using Deep Dives to discuss >>>>>> in-progress work :) >>>>>> >>>>> +1 we already used deep dives to show unfinished work (e.g. >>>>> foreman_content plugin a while ago). >>>> >>>> Who would like Tuesday's slot? >>>> >>>> Some interesting topics might be Amos' plugin and menu redesign or >>>> Joseph's APIv2 updates? >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Dominic Cleal >>>> Red Hat Engineering >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>>> "foreman-dev" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>>> email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>> >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>> "foreman-dev" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>> email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.