New CV versions with SLES repos do not contain (all) errata after Pulp-Migration

Problem:
We do have multiple content views (some with Redhat content, some with SLES content). After the Pulp2to3-Migration, publishing the SLES content views (new versions) results in a version containing all the packages (~95k) but only 18 errata.
If I do query the errata in the content view itself (using rake), I do get 4622, which is in line with the last CV version published ~2 months ago with Pulp2 (where I see 4418 errata).

New Redhat content views work fine and do contain all the errata in their repositories.

The Foreman task for publishing the new content view succeeds without any error. Also, I do not see any errors in the pulp(-core) logs.

Expected outcome:
The new SLES content view version contains all the errata contained in the repositories of the content view.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 2.3.5

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Katello 3.18.4

Distribution and version:
RHEL 7.9

Other relevant data:
This is the rake output for the problematic content view and two versions:

• Version 33 was published using Pulp2 (before the migration) and contains 4418 errata
  • Version 35 was published using Pulp3 (after the migration) and contains only 18 errata
irb(main):046:0> ::Katello::ContentView.find_by(name: 'SLES').repositories.map{|r| r.errata.count}.sum
=> 4622

irb(main):047:0> ::Katello::ContentViewVersion.where(content_view_id: ::Katello::ContentView.find_by(name: 'SLES').id).where(major: 33).first.errata.count
=> 4418

irb(main):048:0> ::Katello::ContentViewVersion.where(content_view_id: ::Katello::ContentView.find_by(name: 'SLES').id).where(major: 35).first.errata.count
=> 18

irb(main):054:0> puts ::Katello::ContentViewVersion.where(content_view_id: ::Katello::ContentView.find_by(name: 'SLES').id).where(major: 35).first.errata.pluck(:title).to_yaml
---
- Recommended update for SLES12-SP4-SLES15-Migration
- Recommended update for SLES15-Migration
- Recommended update SLES15-SP1-Migration
- Security update for SLES 12-SP2 Docker image
- Security update for SLES 12-SP1 Docker image
- Security update for SLES 12 Docker image
- Initial release of SLES 12-SP2 Docker image
- Security update for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Docker images
- Security update for sles12sp1-docker-image
- Security update for sles12-docker-image
- Security update for sles11sp4-docker-image
- Initial release of SLES 12-SP1 Docker image
- Recommended update for the SLES 11 SP3 Docker image
- Recommended update for the SLES 11 SP4 Docker image
- Recommended update for the SLES 12 Docker image
- Initial release of SLES 11-SP4 Docker image
=> nil

I did some more digging around and found Katello 4.0/pulp3: no erratas anymore
The problem seems to be identical (with the difference being SLES vs. EPEL repos).
My problematic content view was also no composite Content View, but had one filter applied. As the filter is not that important, I removed it and now the publish results in a perfectly fine CV.

I will leave the CV as is to have it working and apply the filter again after the Issue (Bug #32435: Excluding packages from EPEL 7 (at least) causes all errata to disappear - Katello - Foreman) is resolved and patched in our instance.

I’ve added some info to the other thread. I definitely think it’s related. We should be fixing that soon. Katello 4.0/pulp3: no erratas anymore - #17 by iballou

1 Like