No route matches {:action=>"show", :controller=>"foreman_tasks/tasks", :id=>nil}, missing required keys: [:id]

Problem:
When i want to trigger to promote a version in content view following error is shown,

No route matches {:action=>“show”, :controller=>“foreman_tasks/tasks”, :id=>nil}, missing required keys: [:id]

Expected outcome:

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

This seems as a bug. Something is trying to generate a link to the task, without that task id. Perhaps the task has been cleaned up already. I’d suggest to open a new issue at https://projects.theforeman.org/projects/katello/issues/new with a better description of the reproducing steps, namely on which page, what button/link you clicked etc. Also make sure to provide the /var/log/foreman/production.log captured while you reproduce the issue, it contains the valuable traceback required for debugging.

I’ll do that

This is being tracked as Bug #34101: CV publish fails with: No route matches {:action=>"show", :controller=>"foreman_tasks/tasks", :id=>nil}, missing required keys: [:id] (ActionController::UrlGenerationError) - Foreman Maintain - Foreman .

As a workaround you can use the rake task as described here Content view publish "no route matches" error - #2 by aruzicka .

1 Like