Number of packages in repos do not match content view version

Problem:
When I sync repos I have in a product like CentOS (base, updates, extras, etc) I see under Content column in UI, that it displays a total number of packages for each repo. Now, if I create a content view version based on the sync, I am noticing a different number of packages than is listed in the content view vs counting the number of packages thata each repo lists. Is it normal for there to be a difference? For CentOS it is a very small number, but for Ubuntu there is a dramatic difference.

I am not sure what causes the difference, but trying to understand potential reasons.

Expected outcome:
Number of packages in content view version total the number of packages reported under product repositories.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.3.0
Katello 4.5.0

Distribution and version:
Running on CentOS 7.9

Other relevant data:
Ubuntu difference:

Centos difference:

Trying to understand this myself but can not seem to find a good CLI/hammer command to create a list of all packages in a repo or CV. If that was possible, it should be pretty easy to compare what packages are in the repos and with the packages in the CV to understand what was filtered out, if any.
I guess it can be done from the hosts as well, list all available packages without a CV and then add the CV and compare.

Hmm I see 5 repositories in one version and 3 in the other. Are you sure the rpms are not tallied correctly ?

It’s more about the large difference in the Ubuntu repos. There is only a minor difference in CentOS.

The Ubuntu repos have +25k in the three repos, but the content view only shows +16k. I am not filtering anything, but maybe there is duplicate packages in one of the three? Trying to determine if this a problem or not.

Can you share me the feed urls of the 3 repos. Would like to test.

Ubuntu repos:

focal
Upstream URL: Index of /ubuntu
Release/Distributions: focal
Components: main
Architectures: amd64

The Download policy I used was “On Demand” - maybe this is the reason?
Also, I had t leave the GPG key blank to get it to work.

focal-security
Release/Distributions: focal-security
Download Policy: “On Demand”

focal-updates
Release/Distributions: focal-updates
Download Policy: “On Demand”