Nutanix AHV Compute Resource

Curious to know if anyone has a working Compute Resource for Nutanix? Seems to be making a bigger footprint these days and it would be really nice to simplify OS Provisioning having a Compute Resource for Nutanix.

Feature Request if not? :smile:

I would be more than happy to help with the development (within in language limitations) - more on the testing and bug tracking side of things rather than the actual coding. Appreciate any positive feedback!

Thanks!

Sounds like a great idea for a plugin :slight_smile: I’m not aware of anyone currently developing one, but I don’t know everything. It would probably be fairly similar to other compute resource plugins such as GitHub - theforeman/foreman_fog_proxmox: Foreman plugin to add Proxmox compute resource based on fog-proxmox gem or GitHub - theforeman/foreman_azure_rm: Adds Azure Resource Manager as a compute resource for The Foreman - altough there doesn’t seem to be a fog-nutanix adapter, so you would need to either create one (as @tristanrobert did for proxmox) or work directly with the nutanix api/sdk (similar to how azure-rm works).

2 Likes

I’d even go as far as to create a bounty for this! :smile: If I see some interest from a developer who wants to take this on, I will do exactly that. Thanks!

2 Likes

I can make a development environment available if needed and provide VPN access to said environment if that is a challenge. More than happy to make that happen.

Thanks!

1 Like

So far I have $100, might not seem like much but if anyone wants to sweeten the pot, please let me know! I’ll send you a donation link. I also have a new blade inbound which will be here this weekend to load a development environment for Nutanix itself.

Server is ready for testing. I have a new blade running with Nutanix CE. Let me know folks!!

Thanks!

1 Like

Just to let you know, you can take this to professional services at ATIX, Netways or iRonin. All the three companies with confirmed skills from the past to get you a reasonably good price estimates. And I am here to assist with reviews if any changes in core are needed.

2 Likes

https://theforeman.org/professional-services.html

1 Like

@metalcated

I started using Nutanix and would be willing to help contribute getting a plugin made. Let me know if you want to sync up.

2 Likes

Hello guys, any news on this plugin ?

Sorry man, this project started and then things changed for @cintrix84 and myself. We have not worked on this since. Dead project at the moment. Really sorry about that.