Nutanix AHV Compute Resource

Curious to know if anyone has a working Compute Resource for Nutanix? Seems to be making a bigger footprint these days and it would be really nice to simplify OS Provisioning having a Compute Resource for Nutanix.

Feature Request if not? :smile:

I would be more than happy to help with the development (within in language limitations) - more on the testing and bug tracking side of things rather than the actual coding. Appreciate any positive feedback!

Thanks!

Sounds like a great idea for a plugin :slight_smile: I’m not aware of anyone currently developing one, but I don’t know everything. It would probably be fairly similar to other compute resource plugins such as GitHub - theforeman/foreman_fog_proxmox: Foreman plugin to add Proxmox compute resource based on fog-proxmox gem or GitHub - theforeman/foreman_azure_rm: Adds Azure Resource Manager as a compute resource for The Foreman - altough there doesn’t seem to be a fog-nutanix adapter, so you would need to either create one (as @tristanrobert did for proxmox) or work directly with the nutanix api/sdk (similar to how azure-rm works).

2 Likes

I’d even go as far as to create a bounty for this! :smile: If I see some interest from a developer who wants to take this on, I will do exactly that. Thanks!

2 Likes

I can make a development environment available if needed and provide VPN access to said environment if that is a challenge. More than happy to make that happen.

Thanks!

1 Like