OpenStack V3 APi Compute Resource Provider

A while back I wrote an OpenStack V3 API compute resource provider for
Foreman 1.11.0. It was actually fairly simple (I didn't write it as a
plugin/extension but modified the code in place; I know this isn't ideal
and will work on making it a plugin/extension).

However I want to validate that the code still works. Really all that was
needed was to drop in the provider code in

foreman/app/models/compute_resources/foreman/model/openstackv3.rb

module Foreman::Model
class OpenstackV3 < ComputeResource
attr_accessor :tenant

Then add the provider to the list of supported providers.

def self.supported_providers
{
'Libvirt' => 'Foreman::Model::Libvirt',
'Ovirt' => 'Foreman::Model::Ovirt',
'EC2' => 'Foreman::Model::EC2',
'Vmware' => 'Foreman::Model::Vmware',
'Openstack' => 'Foreman::Model::Openstack',
'OpenstackV3' => 'Foreman::Model::OpenstackV3',
'Rackspace' => 'Foreman::Model::Rackspace',
'GCE' => 'Foreman::Model::GCE'
}

However, when I do that on Foreman 1.13 I get

uninitialized constant Foreman::Model::OpenstackV3 (NameError)
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_hooks-0.3.12/lib/foreman_hooks.rb:90:in load_missing_constant_with_hooks&#39; /usr/share/foreman/app/models/concerns/fog_extensions.rb:54:in<top (required)>'
/opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require&#39; /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:inrequire'
/opt/rh/sclo-ror42/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.4/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in require&#39; /usr/share/foreman/config/initializers/foreman.rb:12:in<top (required)>

Which if I am understanding the error correctly means it can't find the OpenstackV3 class.

In 1.11 the new provider code above was auto loaded/required, but this doesn't appear to be happening in 1.13.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

> However I want to validate that the code still works. Really all that
> was needed was to drop in the provider code in
>
> >
> foreman/app/models/compute_resources/foreman/model/openstackv3.rb
>
> module Foreman::Model
> class OpenstackV3 < ComputeResource

This filename doesn't look right for the class name - it may need to be
openstack_v3.rb (because "Foreman::Model::OpenstackV3".underscore
returns "foreman/model/openstack_v3").

[…]
>
> However, when I do that on Foreman 1.13 I get
>
> uninitialized constant Foreman::Model::OpenstackV3 (NameError)
> /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_hooks-0.3.12/lib/foreman_hooks.rb:90:in load_missing_constant_with_hooks&#39; &gt; /usr/share/foreman/app/models/concerns/fog_extensions.rb:54:in<top (required)>'
> /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require&#39; &gt; /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:inrequire'
> /opt/rh/sclo-ror42/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.4/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in require&#39; &gt; /usr/share/foreman/config/initializers/foreman.rb:12:in<top (required)>
>
>
> Which if I am understanding the error correctly means it can't find the OpenstackV3 class.

Yes, the Rails autoloader probably can't find it at the current location.

··· On 05/01/17 18:27, Matthew Ceroni wrote:

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org

I was able to correct this by moving my provider to a plugin and following
other plugin examples, like docker.

··· On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 12:32:55 AM UTC-8, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 05/01/17 18:27, Matthew Ceroni wrote: > > However I want to validate that the code still works. Really all that > > was needed was to drop in the provider code in > > > > > > > foreman/app/models/compute_resources/foreman/model/openstackv3.rb > > > > module Foreman::Model > > class OpenstackV3 < ComputeResource > > This filename doesn't look right for the class name - it may need to be > openstack_v3.rb (because "Foreman::Model::OpenstackV3".underscore > returns "foreman/model/openstack_v3"). > > [..] > > > > However, when I do that on Foreman 1.13 I get > > > > uninitialized constant Foreman::Model::OpenstackV3 (NameError) > > > /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_hooks-0.3.12/lib/foreman_hooks.rb:90:in > `load_missing_constant_with_hooks' > > /usr/share/foreman/app/models/concerns/fog_extensions.rb:54:in ` (required)>' > > > /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in > `require' > > > /opt/rh/rh-ruby22/root/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in > `require' > > > /opt/rh/sclo-ror42/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.4/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in > `require' > > /usr/share/foreman/config/initializers/foreman.rb:12:in ` (required)> > > > > > > Which if I am understanding the error correctly means it can't find the > OpenstackV3 class. > > Yes, the Rails autoloader probably can't find it at the current location. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > dom...@cleal.org >