Overwirte create host view for custom provisioning

How would I overwrite the interface for the operating system tab in Create->Host in a plugin. The provisioning method does not need the Media, Partition Table and Custom Partition Table
field and they are required by default.

Hi @jacac, could you provide bit more context for us?

In general the answer is by using deface, or preferably recently added Slots.

The question is regarding Remove fields from create host which are irrelevant but required · Issue #134 · theforeman/foreman_fog_proxmox · GitHub. I’m using it to deploy LXC containers. The provisioning uses container template with cloud-init integrate + foreman user-data. During the create host process foreman requires some fields to be filled out, which are not used for the LXC deploy. Looking into GitHub - theforeman/foreman_fog_proxmox: Foreman plugin to add Proxmox compute resource based on fog-proxmox gem how would I remove those fields Media, Partition Table and Custom Partition Table. Not sure if the provision method and the build checkbox is required to make the host working with cloud-init user-data.

Typically you would switch to Image Based, which would provided you with an image selector for the images assigned to the compute resource. So I would perhaps go the same way with proxmox to be in line with other compute resources.

1 Like

Thanks Dirk. This makes sense.