I have recently been attempting to get a nightly build of Katello installed
using the "katello-deploy' method , using the "setup.rb" Ruby script.
The environment in which I have been doing this is:
- RHEL 7.1 running in VirtualBox on a laptop.
- Bridged networking, allowing access to the Red Hat CDN.
My installation procedure has been:
- Do basic RHEL 7.1 installation.
- Connect to the RHEL host via SSH.
- Run the following command as 'root':
"subscription-manager register --username USER --password PASSWORD
- Follow the instructions in the "Deployment" section at , running
"./setup.rb" to get the nightly build.
Of 4 installation attempts, the result each time was essentially the same:
the installation would proceed to 99% without any errors or warnings, then
would close with several instances of the following error message:
Could not evaluate: Proxy raptor.example.com cannot be registered (Could
not load data from https://raptor.example.com
In desperation, I disabled SELinux with the command "sudo setenforce 0",
then re-ran "katello-installer", after which the installer reported 100%
Does anyone know why these might conflict? Does the SELinux policy need to
My latest attempts were conducted on Tuesday, 2 February 2016.