Problem with foreman-installer after Upgrade to 2.1.4

Problem:
During the upgrade of Foreman(2.0.3 -> 2.1.4) and katello (3.15 -> 3.16) i got the following error:
warning: /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/foreman-proxy-content-answers.yaml created as /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/foreman-proxy-content-answers.yaml.rpmnew
warning: /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/katello-answers.yaml created as /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/katello-answers.yaml.rpmnew
/etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/katello.migrations/200605154320-dont-use-pulpcore-rpm-on-upgrades.rb:9:in block (2 levels) in load_migrations': undefined method ’ for true:TrueClass (NoMethodError)
from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migrations.rb:25:in instance_eval' from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migrations.rb:25:in block (2 levels) in load_migrations’
from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migration_context.rb:10:in instance_eval' from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migration_context.rb:10:in execute’
from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migrations.rb:38:in block in run' from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migrations.rb:35:in each’
from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/migrations.rb:35:in run' from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/configuration.rb:302:in run_migrations’
from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:64:in initialize' from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/clamp-1.1.2/lib/clamp/command.rb:132:in new’
from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/clamp-1.1.2/lib/clamp/command.rb:132:in run' from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/kafo-4.1.0/lib/kafo/kafo_configure.rb:162:in run’
from /sbin/foreman-installer:8:in `’
warning: %post(foreman-installer-katello-1:2.1.4-1.el7.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package 1:foreman-installer-katello-2.1.4-1.el7.noarch

the same error shows, when running foreman-installer manually afterwards.
Expected outcome:
successful run of foreman-installer after upgrade
Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman 2.1.4
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
katello 3.16
Distribution and version:
centos 7
Other relevant data:

Hi!

I can only speculate a bit. Did you install rh-postgresql12-postgresql-evr from the Katello-Pulpcore repo? I had to do it manually. Does the installer log show more information?

Regards,
Hans-Joachim

Hi,

i think i found the reason for this problem.
dureing the update a new /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/katello-answers.yaml is created as /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/katello-answers.yaml.rpmnew.
in this new yaml file is a parameter
katello:
use_pulp_2_for_yum: false

which is used in the rb file.
after adding this parameter to the exisiting yaml file foreman-installer runs without any problems.

the question now is how can this happen ?

Kind Regards
Frank