Problem with rubygem-foreman_maintain-1.0.10-1.el7.noarch / postgress update after updating to Foreman 3.2.1

Problem:
Processing Dependency: rh-postgresql12-postgresql-syspaths for package: 1:rubygem-foreman_maintain-1.0.10-1.el7.noarch
rh-postgresql12-postgresql-syspaths conflicts with postgresql11-11.16-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64

Expected outcome:
yum upgrade works as before

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.2.1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Other relevant data:
After upgrading from foreman 3.1.x to 3.2.1 yum has some problems with the update
The database is coming from the @pgdg11 repository but the rubygem would like to
use the database from the @centos-sclo-rh repository

Is there an option or switch to tell the rubygem-foreman_maintain-1.0.10-1.el7.noarch to accept the installed and working database?

Sorry if this is only a RedHat/Yum problem but I am a Debian guy.

At present, foreman-maintain expects an SCL based PostgreSQL installation. And I assume this is a Foreman (without Katello) installation? Are you using foreman-maintain for anything in particular on your installation?

Foreman installations do not require foreman-maintain at the moment so you could remove the package.

1 Like

This is a real old installation (~7 years) migrated from Ubuntu to CentOS a couple of years ago.
I don’t know if I ever used foreman-maintain. But removing the package resolved the problem :+1:
Maybe I can switch from the postgres db comifing from @pgdg11 to one coming from @centos-sclo-rh.

But never change a running system :slight_smile: