Problems setting up puppet reports on new smart proxy

Problem: I’m setting up my first external smart proxy. Everything is working pretty well, but hosts using the new smart proxy are not showing any reports in the Foreman UI. I was following along on a similar issue here:

and it mentioned the file:

/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/reports/foreman.rb

I see that file on the main Foreman server but not on the new smart proxy. Should it be there? Is it a red herring?

Expected outcome: Hosts managed by new smart proxy should show a “Last Report” on the All Hosts page and should show reports on their reports pages.

Foreman and Proxy versions: Foreman 3.5.2; proxy version 3.5.2

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions: Not sure where to get these

Distribution and version: Rocky Linux 8.7

Other relevant data:

I think related to this, hosts that are setup to use the new Smart Proxy aren’t getting their ENC data. I view the host details in the Foreman UI and it shows them, but when I run ‘puppet agent -t’ on them it doesn’t take effect. The run has no errors, but it doesn’t follow the directives in the ENC data.

I don’t have Autosign setup, so I did set the certificates for each of the hosts and was able to sign them manually via the Foreman web UI so there is some communications between the smart proxy and the main Foreman server, just not ENC data going out or node reporting data coming back.