Provisioning and registering Ubuntu/Debian Clients with Foreman

Hi

Does anyone have a step by step documentation on how to sync ubuntu 20.04 repositorys with foreman and how to provision clients with these repos? I also don’t understand how to manage Ubuntu Clients and how to register existing Ubuntu Clients to Foreman. (With CentOS Clients everything works perfectly. I have provisioned these clients with Discovery Mode and with Synced Repos (Products)).

On the Foreman homepage it says that it is possible to manage Ubuntu systems but I haven’t found any instructions.

I am using Foreman 2.4 and Katello 4.0

Thank you for your help.

Patrick.

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

you could have a look at the orcharhino documentation for Debian/Ubuntu:

https://docs.orcharhino.com/or/docs/sources/usage_guides/managing_ubuntu_systems_guide.html#musg_deploy_hosts
or this blog post about deb based content:

Please note, that orcharhino is a commercially supported downstream product of Foreman/Katello like Satellite6. The documentation may not fully apply to upstream Foreman.

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I have followed the instructions in the documentation. The synchronization of the Ubuntu repositories works fine. However, the generated initrd.img file on the Foreman server, which is needed during the boot process, is empty (see screenshot).
Do you have any idea what the reason for this is?

Greetings
Patrick!