Windows Server 2012R2 (DHCP)
CentOS 6.7 (Foreman)
Foreman Memcache Plugin

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There is nothing in the
production.log or the proxy.log that show any errors and I have both set to
debug.

-Chris
IRC: discr33t

Sorry for the slow reply Chris - just an idle thought, is this in the UI or API?

I occaisonally get issues with my setup where editing a Host and
saving it again leads me to the Overwrite confirmation (which looks
remarkably like a fail, the Overwrite button is red). In the API iirc
it auto-fails such conflicts, as there's no interactive element that
can ask for confirmation of an overwrite. I've never gotten around to
debugging my setup, since if I accept the overwrite it's generally
fine.

··· On 2 November 2015 at 17:13, Christopher Pisano wrote: > I have a new implementation of Foreman 1.9.2 and I am running the 1.9 > Windows Smart-Proxy on my 2012R2 DHCP server. When I provision a host > everything goes as expected until Foreman is waiting for the host to become > available. During this part of provisioning I get a "failure" that tells me > in the Interface configuration the DNS name and IP Address have already been > taken. The strange thing is the server build and configuration still goes as > expected and if I look at the all hosts page the new host is there in good > status. > > Foreman 1.9.2 > Foreman Windows DHCP Smart-Proxy 1.9.2 > Windows Server 2012R2 (DHCP) > CentOS 6.7 (Foreman) > Foreman Memcache Plugin > > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There is nothing in the > production.log or the proxy.log that show any errors and I have both set to > debug.

No worries. I am provisioning through the webUI. I have to do some more
digging but when I have the developer tools on using firefox i do see a
bunch of these errors around the time the error
happens http://pastebin.com/4PNuGd9V. I can also see a duplicate post
command in the logs trying to build the host again. It's very strange since
I haven't seen this before in my lab environment which is heavily used.

··· On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 8:45:34 AM UTC-5, Greg Sutcliffe wrote: > > On 2 November 2015 at 17:13, Christopher Pisano > wrote: > > I have a new implementation of Foreman 1.9.2 and I am running the 1.9 > > Windows Smart-Proxy on my 2012R2 DHCP server. When I provision a host > > everything goes as expected until Foreman is waiting for the host to > become > > available. During this part of provisioning I get a "failure" that tells > me > > in the Interface configuration the DNS name and IP Address have already > been > > taken. The strange thing is the server build and configuration still > goes as > > expected and if I look at the all hosts page the new host is there in > good > > status. > > > > Foreman 1.9.2 > > Foreman Windows DHCP Smart-Proxy 1.9.2 > > Windows Server 2012R2 (DHCP) > > CentOS 6.7 (Foreman) > > Foreman Memcache Plugin > > > > > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There is nothing in the > > production.log or the proxy.log that show any errors and I have both set > to > > debug. > > Sorry for the slow reply Chris - just an idle thought, is this in the UI > or API? > > I occaisonally get issues with my setup where editing a Host and > saving it again leads me to the Overwrite confirmation (which looks > remarkably like a fail, the Overwrite button is red). In the API iirc > it auto-fails such conflicts, as there's no interactive element that > can ask for confirmation of an overwrite. I've never gotten around to > debugging my setup, since if I accept the overwrite it's generally > fine. >

Ooh, a duplicate POST sounds very odd, and not what I was referring
to, indeed. I wonder what's causing that?

··· On 17 November 2015 at 14:43, Christopher Pisano wrote: > No worries. I am provisioning through the webUI. I have to do some more > digging but when I have the developer tools on using firefox i do see a > bunch of these errors around the time the error happens > http://pastebin.com/4PNuGd9V. I can also see a duplicate post command in the > logs trying to build the host again. It's very strange since I haven't seen > this before in my lab environment which is heavily used.