Provisioning Ubuntu 18.04

Problem: Error status, puppet not reporting in correctly.

Expected outcome: For Ubuntu servers to return a complete install status.

**Foreman and Proxy versions:**1.17.4

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Other relevant data:
[e.g. logs from Foreman and/or the Proxy, modified templates, commands issued, etc]
(for logs, surround with three back-ticks to get proper formatting, e.g.)

logs

We have been using Foreman 1.17.4 to provision CentOS 7 on baremetal which works great. I cannot seem to get Ubuntu to report in correctly. The machine get’s Ubuntu 18.04 installed to 100% and when it reboots, the Foreman host properties shows Status: Error, and Configuration error.
This this is the main message:
Error: /File[/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/cache/facts.d]: Failed to generate additional resources using ‘eval_generate’: SSL_connect SYSCALL returned=5 errno=0 state=SSLv2/v3 read server hello A

I tried to remove the agent ssl and clean the cert from puppetmaster but the puppet agent still has issues:
Error: Could not request certificate: The certificate retrieved from the master does not match the agent’s private key. Did you forget to run as root?
Certificate fingerprint: 9A:36:25:96:6B:EB:CE:6B:10:ED:95:DF:1E:CB:3F:32:45:BF:01:5F:13:32:92:A6:02:11:19:9F:F1:06:E3:3D

puppet --version

I’ve checked the puppet.conf file and the following values appear to be accurate after provisioning:
ca_server, certname, environment, and server

correction: It does show Installed, but status and configuration is in error.
Properties
Status Error
Build Installed
Configuration No reports

Would you be kind to share your kickstart files?