Pulp-admin shows empty list of repos

Problem:

Hello everyone!

When trying to import CentOs base repo errata by following procedure found here : https://www.lisenet.com/2018/katello-import-centos-errata-into-pulp/

When trying to list repos with pulp-admin repo list command, the command returns an empty list even though I sucessfully created a product and added repos and synced them through the Foreman Web GUI.

As a result, when running the import script, all erratas are skipped as it doesn’t find any corresponding repos and packages.

Did I miss something here? Is there something I have to check again?

Thank you very much for your help!

Expected outcome:

pulp-admin repo list showing list of repos and ability to import errata correctly for CentOS base repo

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Foreman 2.1, Katello 3.16

Distribution and version:

CentOS 7.8

Other relevant data:

pulp-admin repo list
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
                          Repositories
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hi @antonyci,

Did you freshly install Katello 3.16 or did you upgrade to it? Fresh installs of Katello 3.16 are using Pulp 3 for the yum content type, so pulp-admin will not work (it only talks to Pulp 2).

I haven’t heard about any CentOS errata solutions for Pulp 3 yet. If you’re interested in finding a solution yourself, the Pulp team could be helpful and can be reached at the pulp or pulp-dev channels on freenode IRC.

Hello @iballou,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes it is a fresh install indeed.

Okay, I didn’t know this, thank you for the clarification.

Yes that would be nice to have a solution to import them in a similar way by using the XML file that can be retrieved here http://cefs.steve-meier.de/ as it seems to be still updated regularly.
Although the best thing that could happen is CentOS publishing erratas directly through the repos… but from what I understand this won’t be the case, or at least not for the moment.

Is there a tool similar to pulp-admin to manage Pulp 3 ? As the script mainly relies on pulp-admin to upload the erratas in existing repositories, maybe it could be adapted in some way?

Thanks again!

Right now Pulp 3 has no CLI, so you can only interact with it through the API. It might be possible to adapt that script for Pulp 3, but there are some fundamental changes under the hood compared to Pulp 2 that could cause complications.

Pulp 3 (yum) is very new to Katello, I’m guessing it won’t be long before the community finds a solution to importing CentOS errata :slight_smile:

1 Like