Puppet 2.6.14

Released today so I updated
copied foreman.rb from 2.6.10/lib/puppet/reports to 2.6.14/lib/puppet/reports
stopped / started nginx (used for puppetmaster, foreman & puppet-dashboard)

Everything worked except I wasn't getting reports in foreman so I deleted 2.6.14 gem and restarted nginx and reports were flowing again.

Did I miss something somewhere?

··· -- Craig White ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ craig.white@ttiltd.com 1.800.869.6908 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ www.ttiassessments.com

Need help communicating between generations at work to achieve your desired success? Let us help!

> Released today so I updated
> copied foreman.rb from 2.6.10/lib/puppet/reports to 2.6.14/lib/puppet/reports
> stopped / started nginx (used for puppetmaster, foreman & puppet-dashboard)
>
> Everything worked except I wasn't getting reports in foreman so I deleted 2.6.14 gem and restarted nginx and reports were flowing again.
>
> Did I miss something somewhere?

I'm not aware of any issues, usually having some log entires can help :wink:

Ohad

··· On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Craig White wrote: > > -- > Craig White ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ craig.white@ttiltd.com > 1.800.869.6908 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ www.ttiassessments.com > > Need help communicating between generations at work to achieve your desired success? Let us help! > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Foreman users" group. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en. >

>> Released today so I updated
>> copied foreman.rb from 2.6.10/lib/puppet/reports to 2.6.14/lib/puppet/reports
>> stopped / started nginx (used for puppetmaster, foreman & puppet-dashboard)
>>
>> Everything worked except I wasn't getting reports in foreman so I deleted 2.6.14 gem and restarted nginx and reports were flowing again.
>>
>> Did I miss something somewhere?
>
> I'm not aware of any issues, usually having some log entires can help :wink:

··· On Feb 26, 2012, at 12:35 AM, Ohad Levy wrote: > On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Craig White wrote: ---- couldn't locate any errors in any of the logs and frankly couldn't see an issue at all - just the fact that reports stopped coming into foreman. The reports continued coming into puppet-dashboard (which I keep around only because they have considerably more detail) so I focused primarily on making sure that the 'foreman.rb' file was in /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/puppet-2.6.14/lib/puppet/reports and make sure that it had the right permissions but beyond that, I couldn't find any errors - just no reports getting through into foreman.

Craig