Redmine sometimes does not respond which breaks our CI


as you may already experienced, our Redmine sometimes refuses the connection, browser refresh does help. Not a bummer, until Travis/Jenkins job performs validation of links in our documentation and the build fails:

URL        `'

Name       `Issue 27877'

Parent URL file:///home/travis/build/theforeman/foreman-documentation/guides/build/doc-Provisioning_Guide/index-foreman.html, line 1352, col 33

Real URL

Check time 150.915 seconds

Result     Error: ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /issues/27877 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f87a83d94...

Could someone investigate why this happens and what we can do about it? In the meantime, I will try to increase amount of retries for our job.

Damn, linkchecker has hardcoded 2 tries. Can’t do much about this.

I’ve noticed similar issues also when accessing the redmine UI, often timing out. I checked the server and there isn’t a heavy load on it.
I’m suspecting that this has to do with MaxPoolSize of 6 in the passenger config, leading to timeouts when the pool is full, but so far I’ve had no luck with figuring out where in the puppet modules i can change this.
Additionally, I noticed there over ten thousand spam users created over time on redmine, currently being added at a rate of 10-20 new ones every day. These are all manually created as part of the registration process requires confirming the email address. As far as I can tell they haven’t been used. I believe about 5K of these can be safely deleted - these are users who have never logged in and aren’t listed as authors/commenters/assignee/etc anywhere.

1 Like