Agenda for today:
- 2.0 branching go/no-go. status check on:
- Pulp 3 support - should be done.
- db:seed in initialization - 2 issues: prevents passenger from starting if failing (Bug #28931: If seeding fails, Passenger refuses to start - Foreman), need to break if migrations are pending (Bug #28838: don't seed on startup if migrations are pending - Foreman). We should recover in both cases and continue to load the app, create a notification that seeds failed with further info for the first (the second already displays warning when migrations are pending).
- puppet module releases - hasn’t been started yet. doesn’t block branching but we can’t do RC1 until done.
- nightly status - seems green now. manually tested the UI for various plugins which seem to work.
- roles race condition - Bug #28851: Race condition when creating roles via plugin interface - Foreman - needs deeper digging, perhaps do the role creation as part of seeding.
- Bug #28903: Foreman 2.0 nightly installer shows errors when a package can't be installed but doesn't fail - Installer - Foreman, Bug #28902: Foreman 2.0 nightly installation fails on RHEL-7.7 - SELinux - Foreman - only affects RHEL, has to do with needing to enable postgres scl.
- need to clean up packaging, lots of unneeded packages, remove tags from them and optionally remove spec files from repo. @Zhunting will handle this.
- manual needs updating for various changes.
Summary: concerns raised about stability due to the large amount of changes in past few weeks. We will go ahead with branching tomorrow, and be prepared for more RCs than usual if needed. Katello will branch for 3.15 today.
- syncing hammer major version with foreman - needs clear documentation that the x.y should match foreman, but .z doesn’t
- committing Gemfile.lock (and package-lock.json?) to stable branches? - might cause issues for plugins, will open RFC