The RC3 is available for testing. Thanks a lot for contributions!
The 2.3.4 pipelines finished recently and the release is available. Two issues to be aware of,
The plugins deb test pipeline failed because upgrades are tested from Y-2(2.1) and that broke the ansible plugin. The fresh installs worked without any issue.
The plugins rpm test pipeline failed because of not having
smart_proxy_dynflow_core is not restarted after re-configuration
in 2.3. The workaround for this is to restart the
- Submitted new RC2.1 gem couple of days ago, waiting for feedback on same.
- How to decide if Katello needs another RC?
- Depends on number of changes done after prior RC. If there are major changes then its recommended to have another RC and get feedback on same from users.
- The major changes should be pulled in before stabilization week, uncompleted major changes should be moved to next release before stabilization only. This ensures there aren’t bigger changes in later stage of release.
- Nine issues are open for the release. The 4.0.2 release timeline will be decided as per the progress on these issues.