Are these the same thing?

I'm seeing both in the upstream docs but haven't sorted out if they're
basically the same or if there is some subtle difference. e.g., overall the
topic is Remote Management, but I also see things like this:

remote_execution_fallback_proxy: Search the host for any proxy with Remote
Execution, useful when the host has no subnet or the subnet does not have
an execution proxy.

Thanks

Remote Management and Remote Execution are the same thing (we don't use Remote Management for anything else). We use remote execution mostly in upstream, as it's the name of the plugin that provides it. We used the "execution" as part of the name to set clearly the expectations for the plugin.

– Ivan

··· ----- Original Message ----- > Are these the same thing? > > I'm seeing both in the upstream docs but haven't sorted out if they're > basically the same or if there is some subtle difference. e.g., overall the > topic is Remote Management, but I also see things like this: > > remote_execution_fallback_proxy: Search the host for any proxy with Remote > Execution, useful when the host has no subnet or the subnet does not have > an execution proxy. > > Thanks > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

Seems like the name has migrated from Remote Managment -> Remote Execution.

– bk

··· On 02/03/2016 02:50 AM, Ivan Necas wrote: > Remote Management and Remote Execution are the same thing (we don't use Remote Management for anything else). We use remote execution mostly in upstream, as it's the name of the plugin that provides it. We used the "execution" as part of the name to set clearly the expectations for the plugin. > > -- Ivan > > ----- Original Message ----- >> Are these the same thing? >> >> I'm seeing both in the upstream docs but haven't sorted out if they're >> basically the same or if there is some subtle difference. e.g., overall the >> topic is Remote Management, but I also see things like this: >> >> remote_execution_fallback_proxy: Search the host for any proxy with Remote >> Execution, useful when the host has no subnet or the subnet does not have >> an execution proxy. >> >> Thanks >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "foreman-dev" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >

ok I'll go with Remote Execution and hope there a no violent objections
from anywhere.

Thanks

··· On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 6:41:43 PM UTC+10, bk wrote: > > Seems like the name has migrated from Remote Managment -> Remote > Execution. > > -- bk > > > On 02/03/2016 02:50 AM, Ivan Necas wrote: > > Remote Management and Remote Execution are the same thing (we don't use > Remote Management for anything else). We use remote execution mostly in > upstream, as it's the name of the plugin that provides it. We used the > "execution" as part of the name to set clearly the expectations for the > plugin. > > > > -- Ivan > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > >> Are these the same thing? > >> > >> I'm seeing both in the upstream docs but haven't sorted out if they're > >> basically the same or if there is some subtle difference. e.g., overall > the > >> topic is Remote Management, but I also see things like this: > >> > >> remote_execution_fallback_proxy: Search the host for any proxy with > Remote > >> Execution, useful when the host has no subnet or the subnet does not > have > >> an execution proxy. > >> > >> Thanks > >> > >> -- > >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups > >> "foreman-dev" group. > >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an > >> email to foreman-dev...@googlegroups.com . > >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > >> > > >