Reports are stuck showing as pending after a chef client run in chef plugin for the smart proxy

Hello,

I have configured the chef-plugin and set up the handler on my chef
clients. When running chef-client, it successfully sends the reports and
facts to foreman. However, it shows all reports as pending and never shows
the results of the client run. When I drill down into the report, I can see
what was changed and what failed, but this is never reflected in the status
or associated graphs for the report. Is there any additional configuration
that needs to be done to fix this issue? Let me know what relevant
information should be provided to assist with troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you in advance.

I am including the chef_handler_foreman settings in my client.rb file:

require 'chef_handler_foreman'
foreman_server_options :url => 'https://[Foreman server url]'
foreman_facts_upload true
foreman_reports_upload true
reports_log_level "debug"

··· On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 3:11:11 AM UTC-5, Mac Welch wrote: > > Hello, > > I have configured the chef-plugin and set up the handler on my chef > clients. When running chef-client, it successfully sends the reports and > facts to foreman. However, it shows all reports as pending and never shows > the results of the client run. When I drill down into the report, I can see > what was changed and what failed, but this is never reflected in the status > or associated graphs for the report. Is there any additional configuration > that needs to be done to fix this issue? Let me know what relevant > information should be provided to assist with troubleshooting this issue. > > Thank you in advance. >

I have found the problem with this. It appears that for chef versions 10
and above require that the foreman_reports_upload setting be set to 'true,
2' instead of just true. I have confirmed that the appropriate status is
now showing up.

··· On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 1:14:46 PM UTC-5, Mac Welch wrote: > > I am including the chef_handler_foreman settings in my client.rb file: > > require 'chef_handler_foreman' > foreman_server_options :url => 'https://[Foreman server url]' > foreman_facts_upload true > foreman_reports_upload true > reports_log_level "debug" > > > On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 3:11:11 AM UTC-5, Mac Welch wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> I have configured the chef-plugin and set up the handler on my chef >> clients. When running chef-client, it successfully sends the reports and >> facts to foreman. However, it shows all reports as pending and never shows >> the results of the client run. When I drill down into the report, I can see >> what was changed and what failed, but this is never reflected in the status >> or associated graphs for the report. Is there any additional configuration >> that needs to be done to fix this issue? Let me know what relevant >> information should be provided to assist with troubleshooting this issue. >> >> Thank you in advance. >> >