RFC: Smart Proxy, Foreman Proxy, Foreman Proxy with Content

I was mainly trying to take aim at the term “Foreman Proxy” (in high level English language usage) as being unhelpful/confusing/ambiguous. The reasons are that:

  1. The term “Proxy” is so vague on its own. (It is used for all kinds of things within the context of foreman).
  2. People are already used to thinking about “Smart Proxies” from the UI and the Foreman manual, so leaving out the “Smart” just begs the question if “Foreman Proxy” is the same thing, a related thing, or a completely different thing.

I am not entirely sure what consequences this has for the best possible packaging and software naming scheme because I am not sure whether I have fully understood the status quo here. You state at the top that “foreman-proxy” is the naming scheme used by “RPM and Debian packaging and deployment”. While “smart-proxy” is a specific software with plugins. Does that mean the “smart-proxy” software is being packaged in packages named “foreman-proxy”, or is it a different (overlapping?) set of software that is being packaged in these packages?