[RFEs] Compute resource integration

Hi all,

I've two little RFEs about compute resource integration with foreman. We use foreman/katello and oVirt as compute resource, so these RFEs are focussed on our usecase but maybe it

1. Foreman subnets and compute resources managed networks: As a foreman user, i want to link foreman subnet to compute resources managed network. This will permit to configure subnet/network of each nic in one place instead of two actualy when provisioning ah VM.

2. Foreman compute profile and compute resources managed instance sizes (or instance type in ovirt, since version 3.5): As a foreman user, i want to link foreman compute profile to instance size managed by my compute resource. The current behavior can be used as failback if the compute resource didn't provide instance type feature.

i didn't take a deep look in the code at this time, just took a look at some part in foreman ovirt implementation and rbovirt. I don't know if it will be complicated or not to implement this for broadly used compute resources. I can help on the ovirt implementation side, but i didn't have access to any other compute resource type like VMWare.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

··· -- Baptiste

> Hi all,
>
> I've two little RFEs about compute resource integration with foreman. We use foreman/katello and oVirt as compute resource, so these RFEs are focussed on our usecase but maybe it
>
> 1) Foreman subnets and compute resources managed networks: As a foreman user, i want to link foreman subnet to compute resources managed network. This will permit to configure subnet/network of each nic in one place instead of two actualy when provisioning ah VM.

Tracked under Feature #7644: Link compute-profile network-interface with specific subnet - Foreman I think.

> 2) Foreman compute profile and compute resources managed instance sizes (or instance type in ovirt, since version 3.5): As a foreman user, i want to link foreman compute profile to instance size managed by my compute resource. The current behavior can be used as failback if the compute resource didn't provide instance type feature.

Tracked under Feature #5441: Add oVirt instance types / flavors support - Foreman.

··· On 09/03/16 09:59, Baptiste Agasse wrote:

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org