RHSA:2020-0834 is not listed under errata

Problem:

RHSA:2020-0834 - Important: kernel security, bug fix, and enhancement update is not listed as applicable or installable in the errata page.

While i believe all content-host should be affected.

They are other latest rhsa listed, but not this one.

Expected outcome:

It should be it the list and affected content-host also listed.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman 1.20.3

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

Hi and welcome to the forum,

our production environment currently is still on 1.20.3, too, with Katello 3.9.
I can not confirm this, here the errata is listed as applicable to all affected hosts.
Since this is most likely a Katello problem, which version of Katello are you on?
Are your clients sending their package lists on yum actions properly and do the “Calculate Errata” Tasks in Foreman succeed?

Regards

Hi,

I do recalculate manually without any error.

And yes yum is working fine.

The version is katello-3.10.1-1.el7.noarch

Should I update the katello?

I was asking because Foreman 1.20 was the only release I can recall with 2 Katello relases.

Since it is working on my end with 3.9, it would be a regression if this is the cause of your problem.
Generally speaking, updating to a more recent release would definitely be a good thing since 1.20/3.10 are EOL for some time now and a lot of bugs have been fixed in the meantime.
The current Verions would be Foreman 1.24/Katello 3.14, but Foreman 2.0/Katello 3.15 are right around the corner.
Should you decide to directly go for 2.0/3.15, keep in mind that Foreman 2.0 contains breaking changes like dropping support for MySQL as DB backend.
In any case, if you do upgrade, please remember that the Foreman/Katello should always be updated version by version and that a version jump will probably lead to inconsistencies. Also, make sure to follow Katello’s upgrade guide and not Foreman’s. Just mentioning this since I don’t know how much upgrade experience you have I have seen more than one user fall into those pits. :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions.

I manage to update katello to 1.21/3.11.

However do i need to update smart proxy too?

Thanks

Keeping smart proxies and the main Server versions in sync is highly recommended. I assume they work with version differences, but keeping them in sync will ensure you won’t encounter unexpected bahaviour.
Differing versions of smart proxy and Foreman/Katello is pretty much untested.
Upgrading the smart proxies should happen as soon as possible after an upgrade of Foreman/Katello.

Regards