Search hosts on class parameter value

In the hosts section you can search by params.version_php = 5.4.11

But there's a bug in it (which I should file a ticket for if there isn't
one yet. The filter doesn't respect inheritance from nested hostgroups.

··· On Friday, February 15, 2013 9:31:57 AM UTC-5, Jason Ashby wrote: > > Parameterized classes were introduced in Foreman 1.1 (extremely useful), > and I'm wondering if its possible to search hosts on a certain parameter? > > For example, I have a puppet class for php with a class parameter called > $version_php, which I override in Foreman. I'd love to search for say, all > hosts that are running php version 5.4.11. i.e. version_php = 5.4.11. > > I've tried params.version_php from the search box at > http://myforemanhost/hosts, but that search is invalid. I'm running > Foreman 1.1 RC5. If its not possible yet, I can submit a feature request. > Thanks. >

Oscar's already filed it: Bug #2189: Problem searching for host params "inherited" from the hostgrup - Foreman

··· On 15/02/13 15:46, Roger wrote: > In the hosts section you can search by params.version_php = 5.4.11 > > But there's a bug in it (which I should file a ticket for if there isn't > one yet. The filter doesn't respect inheritance from nested hostgroups.

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

According to the bug, I can override version_php at the host level, but
when I do this, I still get an empty list when I search for version_php =

In regards to search, are puppet class parameters that have been imported
from puppet (and overridden in Foreman) treated the same as Global/common
parameters? The bug that was filed sounds more like a global/common
parameter issue than a class parameter issue, but perhaps Foreman just sees
them all as parameters.

··· On Friday, February 15, 2013 10:52:34 AM UTC-5, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 15/02/13 15:46, Roger wrote: > > In the hosts section you can search by params.version_php = 5.4.11 > > > > But there's a bug in it (which I should file a ticket for if there isn't > > one yet. The filter doesn't respect inheritance from nested hostgroups. > > Oscar's already filed it: http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/2189 > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >

You're right, sorry, that was just about global parameters. They are
different, so it'd be worth filing a feature request I think.

··· On 15/02/13 17:23, Jason Ashby wrote: > According to the bug, I can override version_php at the host level, but > when I do this, I still get an empty list when I search for version_php > = 5.4.11. > > In regards to search, are puppet class parameters that have been > imported from puppet (and overridden in Foreman) treated the same as > Global/common parameters? The bug that was filed sounds more like a > global/common parameter issue than a class parameter issue, but perhaps > Foreman just sees them all as parameters.

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Done, thanks… Feature #2212: Search on class parameters - Foreman

··· On Friday, February 15, 2013 12:39:02 PM UTC-5, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 15/02/13 17:23, Jason Ashby wrote: > > According to the bug, I can override version_php at the host level, but > > when I do this, I still get an empty list when I search for version_php > > = 5.4.11. > > > > In regards to search, are puppet class parameters that have been > > imported from puppet (and overridden in Foreman) treated the same as > > Global/common parameters? The bug that was filed sounds more like a > > global/common parameter issue than a class parameter issue, but perhaps > > Foreman just sees them all as parameters. > > You're right, sorry, that was just about global parameters. They are > different, so it'd be worth filing a feature request I think. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >