Single Foreman Server with IPs on multiple network segments, DHCP, DNS and smartproxy per network segment

Problem
Having an issue with the certificate when trying to create a proxy on another segment for the foreman server which provides TFTP, Puppet , Puppet CA, Logs.

Expected outcome:
Create the proxy on the network segment, assign it to the subnet, and have the ability to provision servers on that network segment

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman:1.21.4
smartproxy: 2.2 (Had to jump ahead to work with Windows 2019 Server DHCP and DNS)

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Foreman: 1.24.1
Plugins: versions distributed with 1.24.1

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:
I believe that the proxy on a different network segment which has a different name, which results in the cert not matching the certs that the https server is using on 8443. Not sure how to get around this, if even possible.

1 Like

Hello and welcome. As much as I would like to help, I do not understand what are you trying ot say.

I have a foreman server that has multiple NICs, each on a different VLAN/Segment (there is no routing between VLANs/segments), each segment has an MS DNS server and an MS DHCP server, and a foreman smartproxy. I would like the single foreman server to provide TFTP, Puppet CA, Puppet services to all the segments, is this possible?

I strongly disencourage from doing that, put it into a VM with a single NIC or do anything you can do to avoid multi-homing. It causes a lot of pains and it is usually pretty difficult to troubleshoot.

Technically, this is indeed possible but we won’t be able to help you much and you will be on your own.