Smart Proxy synchronize always fails at the same repository

@Thulium-Drake

Glad this is the same issue you are hitting.

@Pulp What do you think of this fix, will this break anything long term? Since the change is in Pulp I am not sure if there if a fix we can do in Katello. @Justin_Sherrill is this something that we can do a fix in Katello for is or this all in Pulp?

Please open a bug in the upstream pulp tracker. There is something fishy ongoing with the remove_missing logic. I am afraid adding a try/except might bubble up in some other place with incorrect logic.

If an issue was created in the upstream pulp bug tracker, would someone post the link to it here? Thanks.

Likewise, if Iā€™m the first one to open the issue, Iā€™ll do the same.

@katello @ipanova

Hi guys,

Did one of you already log a bug in the Pulp upstream tracker? I donā€™t have an account there :slight_smile:

Cheers!

I havenā€™t. Iā€™m still in the process of familiarizing myself with their project and their issue tracker.

Right now I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m even in a knowledgeable enough position to create an issue with the right information in it.

Itā€™s even quite possible an issue already exists that addresses our problem, I just wouldnā€™t know it if I saw it.

@pdelong42 if you need help with creating that issue, let me know and I will create one for you.

@jjeffers, that would be awesome. Youā€™re definitely more familiar with the Pulp codebase than I am. And as a Katello dev, your word probably carries more weight.

If you create the issue, would you drop a link to it here? I can certainly follow it and chime in with additional data if necessary.

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8176

As far as I know the Pulp team is receptive to users adding new issues, and they do a good job with issue triage. They take all input seriously, so donā€™t be shy.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for picking this up, I will create an account for any future things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wondering if we have found a work around for this? Getting the same thing for my CentOS repositories. Here I was thinking it was something that I did that my Smart Proxy would not sync.

Thanks!