Subscription related questions

Hi, I have several following questions about subscription.

1. if a system doesn’t have the subscription to product containing repoA, then the system can’t access(install or update) any package in repoA even though repoA is in the system’s content view??

2. as far as I know, foreman/satellite server owns products and systems bring required contents from foreman/satellite server.
    Nonetheless, should I purchase a subscription per system and what is virtue of using priced product from Redhat CDN than using custom product?

3. if a system registers with activation key, subscriptions in activation key are allocated regardless of whether the system really uses relevant products?

Thanks!

Hey, sorry for the late response, I’ll do my best to answer!

That is correct, you need to attach the subscription for a product to a host in order to use repositories in that product.

I’m not sure I fully understand the question? But from what I gather it seems like this may be better discussed with RH sales.

I don’t know off the top of my head, but I’ll find that out for you!

I just did a quick check, I’m not seeing this behavior, the subscription’s consumed attribute should only be updated when a system attaches the subscription. Let me know if you see anything different!