Unable to test plugins with Foreman 1.17.0

I’d like to test our local plugin against 1.17.0 and am unable with a test system that has Foreman 1.17.0 installed via RPM on RHEL 7.4.

[root@foreman-test ~]# foreman-rake test:foreman_osc
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sequel-4.20.0/lib/sequel/database/schema_generator.rb:19: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sequel-4.20.0/lib/sequel/database/schema_generator.rb:19: warning: constant ::Bignum is deprecated
/usr/share/foreman/lib/core_extensions.rb:183: warning: already initialized constant ActiveSupport::MessageEncryptor::DEFAULT_CIPHER
/opt/theforeman/tfm-ror51/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/message_encryptor.rb:22: warning: previous definition of DEFAULT_CIPHER was here
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/logging-1.8.2/lib/logging/appender.rb:139: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated
/opt/rh/rh-ruby24/root/usr/bin/ruby -I"lib:test:/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_osc-0.3.1/lib/tasks/../../test" -I"/opt/rh/rh-ruby24/root/usr/share/gems/gems/rake-12.0.0/lib" "/opt/rh/rh-ruby24/root/usr/share/gems/gems/rake-12.0.0/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb"  

The other plugins I have installed like foreman_templates also do nothing when I run the rake task.

The code I’m using is here: https://github.com/treydock/foreman_osc

I am not sure how you have foreman_osc set up locally, but no tests run for foreman_templates because they are not packaged as a part of rpm. The production systems are not really set up to run those tests, not even connection to test database in /usr/share/foreman/config/database.yml is configured.

Doing that against 1.17-stable branch from foreman repo on a development setup seems like easier option to me.