Undefined method `hypervisor' when Edit host

I just upgraded Foreman to the nightly from Sept 7th, and now when I
select "Edit" on any host I get the following…

undefined method `hypervisor' for # NoMethodError

/usr/share/foreman/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/
attribute_methods.rb:260:in method_missing' /usr/share/foreman/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:480:inload_vars_for_ajax'
/usr/share/foreman/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:102:in `edit'

This happens on all hosts, physical and virtual.

Thanks

• Trey

> I just upgraded Foreman to the nightly from Sept 7th, and now when I
> select "Edit" on any host I get the following…
>
> undefined method hypervisor' for # NoMethodError > > /usr/share/foreman/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ > attribute_methods.rb:260:inmethod_missing'
> /usr/share/foreman/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:480:in
> load_vars_for_ajax' > /usr/share/foreman/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:102:inedit'
>
> This happens on all hosts, physical and virtual.
>
my bad :slight_smile:

does the following fixes it?

diff --git a/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb b/app/controllers/hosts_control
index 1f031d5…b2c95e6 100644
— a/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb
+++ b/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb
@@ -477,7 +477,7 @@ class HostsController < ApplicationController
@domain = @host.domain
@operatingsystem = @host.operatingsystem
@medium = @host.medium

• @hypervisor = @host.hypervisor
  • @hypervisor = @host.hypervisor if @host.respond_to?(:hypervisor)
    end

Ohad

··· On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:31 AM, treydock wrote:

Thanks

• Trey

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Foreman users” group.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en.

YES!

That fixed it, thank you.

• Trey
··· On Sep 9, 12:36 am, Ohad Levy wrote: > On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:31 AM, treydock wrote: > > I just upgraded Foreman to the nightly from Sept 7th, and now when I > > select "Edit" on any host I get the following... > > > undefined method `hypervisor' for # NoMethodError > > > /usr/share/foreman/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ > > attribute_methods.rb:260:in `method_missing' > > /usr/share/foreman/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:480:in > > `load_vars_for_ajax' > > /usr/share/foreman/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb:102:in `edit' > > > This happens on all hosts, physical and virtual. > > my bad :) > > does the following fixes it? > > diff --git a/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb b/app/controllers/hosts_control > index 1f031d5..b2c95e6 100644 > --- a/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb > +++ b/app/controllers/hosts_controller.rb > @@ -477,7 +477,7 @@ class HostsController < ApplicationController > @domain = @host.domain > @operatingsystem = @host.operatingsystem > @medium = @host.medium > - @hypervisor = @host.hypervisor > + @hypervisor = @host.hypervisor if @host.respond_to?(:hypervisor) > end > > Ohad > > > > > > > > > Thanks > > - Trey > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Foreman users" group. > > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en.