Unsuccessful upgrade from F2.1+K3.16 to F2.2+K3.17, every time

According to the docs that is not supported:

SELinux must be enabled, either in enforcing or permissive mode. Installation with disabled SELinux is not supported.

Hi @gvde, would you please provide the URL to the documentation that snippet is from? Thanks.

https://docs.theforeman.org/2.4/Installing_Server_on_Red_Hat/index-katello.html#system-requirements_foreman

Okay, that URL is for 2.4. But I’m at Foreman 2.1, and I’m trying to upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3.

Unfortunately, the corresponding documentation for 2.1 and 2.2 is no longer there. This is the closest thing I could find: Foreman :: Quickstart

That’s probably what I used when I initially set up my instance of Foreman and Katello, since it’s the URL I have in my notes. It makes no mention of SELinux.

But rather than get into a debate on the finer points of the documentation, and how it could be better organized (because that wouldn’t be super constructive right now), I will ask some questions:

• Was SELinux enforcement a requirement at the time (as of Foreman 2.1)?
  • If it wasn’t, then did it become a requirement sometime between 2.1 and 2.4?
  • What’s the upgrade path? Is it sufficient for me to simply turn on enforcement in my present installation, check that it didn’t break anything, and then attempt to upgrade to either 2.2 or 2.3?