Upgrade from Foreman 1.15 and Katello 3.4 to Foreman 1.16 / Katello 3.5 package version issues

When doing the upgrade I noticed a few features weren’t working. Upon examining the issues I discovered several packages weren’t being updated when doing a yum update. This seems due to the version numbers. Remote execution was the main feature I noticed this on. I could start jobs, but the page wouldn’t render. I had to do a yum downgrade to get from fm1_15 packages to the fm1_16 packages for remote execution. There were a few other packages like this. Should be a simple fix. Perhaps up the version numbers for the 1.16 packages. I’m still searching around to see what others might have been missed, but I wanted to make you aware of this problem.

Yum output from downgrade

—> Package tfm-rubygem-foreman_remote_execution.noarch 0:1.3.3-1.fm1_16.el7 will be a downgrade
—> Package tfm-rubygem-foreman_remote_execution.noarch 0:1.3.7-1.fm1_15.el7 will be erased
—> Package tfm-rubygem-foreman_remote_execution_core.noarch 0:1.0.5-1.fm1_16.el7 will be a downgrade
—> Package tfm-rubygem-foreman_remote_execution_core.noarch 0:1.0.6-1.fm1_15.el7 will be erased

Thanks for the report. This may have got missed when releasing across branches or a missed error occurred for 1.16. We’ll work to get this sorted promptly.

Looking a bit deeper, that version of remote execution, 1.3.7, was targeted only for 1.15. Let’s see if @iNecas can help shed some light on this.