Upgrading from 1.23.1 to 1.24 failed

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from 1.23.1 to 1.24 but i get this error:

Error: Package: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_katello-0.19.1-1.el7.noarch (@katello) Requires: tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) < 0.19 Removing: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.18.1-1.el7.noarch (@foreman) tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) = 0.18.1 Updated By: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.19.5-1.el7.noarch (foreman) tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) = 0.19.5 Available: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.19.0-1.el7.noarch (foreman) tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) = 0.19.0 Available: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.19.2-1.el7.noarch (foreman) tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) = 0.19.2 Available: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.19.3-1.el7.noarch (foreman) tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) = 0.19.3 Available: tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.19.4-1.el7.noarch (foreman) tfm-rubygem(hammer_cli_foreman) = 0.19.4 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

i am following this manual: Foreman :: Manual

I get the error at this step:

yum upgrade tfm\* ruby\* foreman\*

Can anyone point me in the right direction? :slight_smile:

Relevant system information: CentOS 7.7

Hi,

from the error, I would assume you are using Katello?
In that case, you should be using their upgrade manual instead.
Despite Katello technically being a plugin, it is treated somewhat differently and needs additional upgrade steps.

Regards