Vmware vsphere 5.1 with foreman 1.3.1 - can not browse Clusters

Hi,

I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure.

I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following
smart proxies installed within the same box:

• puppet
  • puppet CA
  • TFTP

I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing
vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed
to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen
from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter.

When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message :

Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance my-new-vm.com:
cluster is required for this operation

but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the Virtual
Machine tab.

Can someone please help?

cheers.

> Hi,
>
> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure.
>
> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following
> smart proxies installed within the same box:
> - puppet
> - puppet CA
> - TFTP
>
> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing
> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed
> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen
> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter.
>
> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message :
>
> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance my-new-vm.com:
> cluster is required for this operation
>
> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the Virtual
> Machine tab.
>
i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with
regard to api usage, try applying the patch at
Feature #1945: Better VMWare support for non-clusters setup - Foreman

Ohad

··· On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote:

Can someone please help?

cheers.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Foreman users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Ohad,

Thanks for your reply.

yeah. I'd tried that:

… …
def raw_clusters(datacenter)

#find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource)

find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource)
end
… …

no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message.

Len

··· On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: > > > > > On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 <kentw...@gmail.com >wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >> >> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following >> smart proxies installed within the same box: >> - puppet >> - puppet CA >> - TFTP >> >> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing >> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed >> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen >> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter. >> >> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >> >> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance my-new-vm.com: >> cluster is required for this operation >> >> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the Virtual >> Machine tab. >> > i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with > regard to api usage, try applying the patch at > http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 > > Ohad > >> >> Can someone please help? >> >> cheers. >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Foreman users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com . >> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com >> . >> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> > >

Hi Ohad,

I'd checked that we'd got the enterprise vmware license so it has all the
features enabled.

··· On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: > > > > > On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 <kentw...@gmail.com >wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >> >> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following >> smart proxies installed within the same box: >> - puppet >> - puppet CA >> - TFTP >> >> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing >> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed >> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen >> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter. >> >> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >> >> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance my-new-vm.com: >> cluster is required for this operation >> >> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the Virtual >> Machine tab. >> > i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with > regard to api usage, try applying the patch at > http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 > > Ohad > >> >> Can someone please help? >> >> cheers. >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Foreman users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com . >> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com >> . >> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> > >

Sorry, I should have pointed this out:

In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed
separately from foreman-installer.

Len

··· On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: > > Hi Ohad, > > Thanks for your reply. > > yeah. I'd tried that: > > ... ... > def raw_clusters(datacenter) > > #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) > > find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) > end > ... ... > > no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. > > Len > > > On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >> >> >> >> >> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>> >>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following >>> smart proxies installed within the same box: >>> - puppet >>> - puppet CA >>> - TFTP >>> >>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing >>> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed >>> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen >>> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter. >>> >>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>> >>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>> >>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>> Virtual Machine tab. >>> >> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with >> regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >> >> Ohad >> >>> >>> Can someone please help? >>> >>> cheers. >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >> >>

Hi,

Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck…still the same
error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute resource to
connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a problem.
Below you have few details on my environment…very similar to what Len
has.

foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch
foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch
puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch
ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch
ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch

How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware infrastructure?
Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the below
Ruby scripts that should manage that part.
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb
/opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb

Thanks,
Cristi

··· On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: > > Sorry, I should have pointed this out: > > In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed > separately from foreman-installer. > > Len > > On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >> >> Hi Ohad, >> >> Thanks for your reply. >> >> yeah. I'd tried that: >> >> ... ... >> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >> >> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >> >> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >> end >> ... ... >> >> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >> >> Len >> >> >> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>> >>>> Hi, >>>> >>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>> >>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following >>>> smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>> - puppet >>>> - puppet CA >>>> - TFTP >>>> >>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing >>>> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed >>>> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen >>>> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter. >>>> >>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>> >>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>> >>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>> >>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with >>> regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>> >>> Ohad >>> >>>> >>>> Can someone please help? >>>> >>>> cheers. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>> >>> >>>

OK question, going through the steps so bare with m.

More, Provisioning, Compute resources.
There you go new compute resource.
At this point you select vmware.
Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters.

I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your Datacenter
should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most likelly missing
one of the support lib's in my experience.

··· On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: > > Hi, > > Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the same > error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute resource to > connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a problem. > Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what Len > has. > > foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch > foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch > puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch > ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch > ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch > > How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware infrastructure? > Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the > below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. > > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb > > /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb > > Thanks, > Cristi > > On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >> >> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >> >> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >> separately from foreman-installer. >> >> Len >> >> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>> >>> Hi Ohad, >>> >>> Thanks for your reply. >>> >>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>> >>> ... ... >>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>> >>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>> >>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>> end >>> ... ... >>> >>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>> >>> Len >>> >>> >>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hi, >>>>> >>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>> >>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the following >>>>> smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>> - puppet >>>>> - puppet CA >>>>> - TFTP >>>>> >>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing >>>>> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed >>>>> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen >>>>> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter. >>>>> >>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>> >>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>> >>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>> >>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with >>>> regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>> >>>> Ohad >>>> >>>>> >>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>> >>>>> cheers. >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>> >>>> >>>>

Hi Jelle,

Hosts > New Host > under "Host" tab

Deploy on : <I selected my vcenter>

then "Virtual Machine" tab appears, the point isn't working is here:

Cluster : < nothing is available here >

but I can see a list of options for

Folder :
Network :
Data Store :

as expected.

cheers
Len

··· On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:22:29 AM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: > > OK question, going through the steps so bare with m. > > More, Provisioning, Compute resources. > There you go new compute resource. > At this point you select vmware. > Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters. > > I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your > Datacenter should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most > likelly missing one of the support lib's in my experience. > > > On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the same >> error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute resource to >> connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a problem. >> Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what Len >> has. >> >> foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >> foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >> puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch >> ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch >> ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch >> >> How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware infrastructure? >> Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the >> below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. >> >> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb >> >> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb >> >> Thanks, >> Cristi >> >> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>> >>> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >>> >>> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >>> separately from foreman-installer. >>> >>> Len >>> >>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi Ohad, >>>> >>>> Thanks for your reply. >>>> >>>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>>> >>>> ... ... >>>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>>> >>>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>>> >>>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>>> end >>>> ... ... >>>> >>>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>>> >>>> Len >>>> >>>> >>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Hi, >>>>>> >>>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>>> >>>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the >>>>>> following smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>>> - puppet >>>>>> - puppet CA >>>>>> - TFTP >>>>>> >>>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my existing >>>>>> vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I managed >>>>>> to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can be seen >>>>>> from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our vcenter. >>>>>> >>>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>>> >>>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>>> >>>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>>> >>>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with >>>>> regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>>> >>>>> Ohad >>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>>> >>>>>> cheers. >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>>

see attached screenshot.

··· On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:41:22 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: > > Hi Jelle, > > Hosts > New Host > under "Host" tab > > Deploy on : > > then "Virtual Machine" tab appears, the point isn't working is here: > > Cluster : < nothing is available here > > > but I can see a list of options for > > Folder : > Network : > Data Store : > > as expected. > > cheers > Len > > > On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:22:29 AM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >> >> OK question, going through the steps so bare with m. >> >> More, Provisioning, Compute resources. >> There you go new compute resource. >> At this point you select vmware. >> Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters. >> >> I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your >> Datacenter should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most >> likelly missing one of the support lib's in my experience. >> >> >> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the >>> same error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute >>> resource to connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a >>> problem. >>> Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what Len >>> has. >>> >>> foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>> foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>> puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch >>> ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch >>> ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch >>> >>> How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware infrastructure? >>> Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the >>> below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. >>> >>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb >>> >>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Cristi >>> >>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>>> >>>> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >>>> >>>> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >>>> separately from foreman-installer. >>>> >>>> Len >>>> >>>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi Ohad, >>>>> >>>>> Thanks for your reply. >>>>> >>>>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>>>> >>>>> ... ... >>>>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>>>> >>>>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>>>> >>>>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>>>> end >>>>> ... ... >>>>> >>>>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>>>> >>>>> Len >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the >>>>>>> following smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>>>> - puppet >>>>>>> - puppet CA >>>>>>> - TFTP >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my >>>>>>> existing vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I >>>>>>> managed to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can >>>>>>> be seen from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our >>>>>>> vcenter. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>>>> >>>>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>>>> >>>>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with >>>>>> regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>>>> >>>>>> Ohad >>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>>>> >>>>>>> cheers. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>>

Hmmm ok so that is all as is expected , except the cluster item , I had the
same issue back pre foreman 1.3 you need to have a look at your libs,
something is missing. I assume you can not see the VM's then either through
compute resource ?

··· On Monday, December 2, 2013 11:41:22 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: > > Hi Jelle, > > Hosts > New Host > under "Host" tab > > Deploy on : > > then "Virtual Machine" tab appears, the point isn't working is here: > > Cluster : < nothing is available here > > > but I can see a list of options for > > Folder : > Network : > Data Store : > > as expected. > > cheers > Len > > > On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:22:29 AM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >> >> OK question, going through the steps so bare with m. >> >> More, Provisioning, Compute resources. >> There you go new compute resource. >> At this point you select vmware. >> Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters. >> >> I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your >> Datacenter should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most >> likelly missing one of the support lib's in my experience. >> >> >> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the >>> same error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute >>> resource to connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a >>> problem. >>> Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what Len >>> has. >>> >>> foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>> foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>> puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch >>> ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch >>> ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch >>> >>> How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware infrastructure? >>> Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the >>> below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. >>> >>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb >>> >>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Cristi >>> >>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>>> >>>> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >>>> >>>> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >>>> separately from foreman-installer. >>>> >>>> Len >>>> >>>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi Ohad, >>>>> >>>>> Thanks for your reply. >>>>> >>>>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>>>> >>>>> ... ... >>>>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>>>> >>>>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>>>> >>>>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>>>> end >>>>> ... ... >>>>> >>>>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>>>> >>>>> Len >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the >>>>>>> following smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>>>> - puppet >>>>>>> - puppet CA >>>>>>> - TFTP >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my >>>>>>> existing vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I >>>>>>> managed to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can >>>>>>> be seen from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our >>>>>>> vcenter. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>>>> >>>>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>>>> >>>>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter with >>>>>> regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>>>> >>>>>> Ohad >>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>>>> >>>>>>> cheers. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>>

Hi Jelle,

Yes you are right. Everything as expected except viewing the cluster item.

However, from Computer Resource, I can view all VM as expected which is
strange.

Which libs were you missing in the past? or how can i check whether I have
all the required libs installed?

cheers
len430

··· On Saturday, December 7, 2013 11:27:14 PM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: > > Hmmm ok so that is all as is expected , except the cluster item , I had > the same issue back pre foreman 1.3 you need to have a look at your libs, > something is missing. I assume you can not see the VM's then either through > compute resource ? > > On Monday, December 2, 2013 11:41:22 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >> >> Hi Jelle, >> >> Hosts > New Host > under "Host" tab >> >> Deploy on : >> >> then "Virtual Machine" tab appears, the point isn't working is here: >> >> Cluster : < nothing is available here > >> >> but I can see a list of options for >> >> Folder : >> Network : >> Data Store : >> >> as expected. >> >> cheers >> Len >> >> >> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:22:29 AM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >>> >>> OK question, going through the steps so bare with m. >>> >>> More, Provisioning, Compute resources. >>> There you go new compute resource. >>> At this point you select vmware. >>> Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters. >>> >>> I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your >>> Datacenter should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most >>> likelly missing one of the support lib's in my experience. >>> >>> >>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi, >>>> >>>> Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the >>>> same error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute >>>> resource to connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a >>>> problem. >>>> Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what Len >>>> has. >>>> >>>> foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>>> foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>>> puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch >>>> ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch >>>> ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch >>>> >>>> How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware infrastructure? >>>> Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the >>>> below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. >>>> >>>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb >>>> >>>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb >>>> >>>> Thanks, >>>> Cristi >>>> >>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >>>>> >>>>> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >>>>> separately from foreman-installer. >>>>> >>>>> Len >>>>> >>>>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi Ohad, >>>>>> >>>>>> Thanks for your reply. >>>>>> >>>>>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>>>>> >>>>>> ... ... >>>>>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>>>>> >>>>>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>>>>> >>>>>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>>>>> end >>>>>> ... ... >>>>>> >>>>>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>>>>> >>>>>> Len >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Hi, >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the >>>>>>>> following smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>>>>> - puppet >>>>>>>> - puppet CA >>>>>>>> - TFTP >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my >>>>>>>> existing vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I >>>>>>>> managed to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can >>>>>>>> be seen from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our >>>>>>>> vcenter. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter >>>>>>> with regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>>>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Ohad >>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> cheers. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Hi,

Isn't any update on this? Has anyone find a fix for this issue?

Thanks,
Cristi

··· On Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:23:43 AM UTC+2, len430 wrote: > > Hi Jelle, > > Yes you are right. Everything as expected except viewing the cluster item. > > However, from Computer Resource, I can view all VM as expected which is > strange. > > Which libs were you missing in the past? or how can i check whether I have > all the required libs installed? > > cheers > len430 > > On Saturday, December 7, 2013 11:27:14 PM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >> >> Hmmm ok so that is all as is expected , except the cluster item , I had >> the same issue back pre foreman 1.3 you need to have a look at your libs, >> something is missing. I assume you can not see the VM's then either through >> compute resource ? >> >> On Monday, December 2, 2013 11:41:22 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>> >>> Hi Jelle, >>> >>> Hosts > New Host > under "Host" tab >>> >>> Deploy on : >>> >>> then "Virtual Machine" tab appears, the point isn't working is here: >>> >>> Cluster : < nothing is available here > >>> >>> but I can see a list of options for >>> >>> Folder : >>> Network : >>> Data Store : >>> >>> as expected. >>> >>> cheers >>> Len >>> >>> >>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:22:29 AM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >>>> >>>> OK question, going through the steps so bare with m. >>>> >>>> More, Provisioning, Compute resources. >>>> There you go new compute resource. >>>> At this point you select vmware. >>>> Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters. >>>> >>>> I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your >>>> Datacenter should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most >>>> likelly missing one of the support lib's in my experience. >>>> >>>> >>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi, >>>>> >>>>> Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the >>>>> same error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute >>>>> resource to connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a >>>>> problem. >>>>> Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what >>>>> Len has. >>>>> >>>>> foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>>>> foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>>>> puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch >>>>> ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch >>>>> ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch >>>>> >>>>> How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware >>>>> infrastructure? >>>>> Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the >>>>> below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. >>>>> >>>>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb >>>>> >>>>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb >>>>> >>>>> Thanks, >>>>> Cristi >>>>> >>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >>>>>> >>>>>> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >>>>>> separately from foreman-installer. >>>>>> >>>>>> Len >>>>>> >>>>>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi Ohad, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Thanks for your reply. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> ... ... >>>>>>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>>>>>> >>>>>>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>>>>>> >>>>>>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>>>>>> end >>>>>>> ... ... >>>>>>> >>>>>>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Len >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Hi, >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the >>>>>>>>> following smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>>>>>> - puppet >>>>>>>>> - puppet CA >>>>>>>>> - TFTP >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my >>>>>>>>> existing vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I >>>>>>>>> managed to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can >>>>>>>>> be seen from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our >>>>>>>>> vcenter. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>>>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>>>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter >>>>>>>> with regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>>>>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Ohad >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> cheers. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

Hi Cristi,

No updates. I'd even tried reinstalling foreman but no luck.

Len

··· On Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:52:58 AM UTC+13, Cristi wrote: > > Hi, > > Isn't any update on this? Has anyone find a fix for this issue? > > Thanks, > Cristi > > On Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:23:43 AM UTC+2, len430 wrote: >> >> Hi Jelle, >> >> Yes you are right. Everything as expected except viewing the cluster item. >> >> However, from Computer Resource, I can view all VM as expected which is >> strange. >> >> Which libs were you missing in the past? or how can i check whether I >> have all the required libs installed? >> >> cheers >> len430 >> >> On Saturday, December 7, 2013 11:27:14 PM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >>> >>> Hmmm ok so that is all as is expected , except the cluster item , I had >>> the same issue back pre foreman 1.3 you need to have a look at your libs, >>> something is missing. I assume you can not see the VM's then either through >>> compute resource ? >>> >>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 11:41:22 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi Jelle, >>>> >>>> Hosts > New Host > under "Host" tab >>>> >>>> Deploy on : >>>> >>>> then "Virtual Machine" tab appears, the point isn't working is here: >>>> >>>> Cluster : < nothing is available here > >>>> >>>> but I can see a list of options for >>>> >>>> Folder : >>>> Network : >>>> Data Store : >>>> >>>> as expected. >>>> >>>> cheers >>>> Len >>>> >>>> >>>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:22:29 AM UTC+13, Jelle B wrote: >>>>> >>>>> OK question, going through the steps so bare with m. >>>>> >>>>> More, Provisioning, Compute resources. >>>>> There you go new compute resource. >>>>> At this point you select vmware. >>>>> Add the vcenter data here and then do load datacenters. >>>>> >>>>> I assume this is the point where it isnt working ? I ask as your >>>>> Datacenter should be your cluster, and if it isnt working you are most >>>>> likelly missing one of the support lib's in my experience. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:45:24 PM UTC+1, Cristi wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi, >>>>>> >>>>>> Same problem here. I also applied that patch, but no luck..still the >>>>>> same error. I have tested user permissions that I use in my Compute >>>>>> resource to connect to vSphere and I can see clusters, so that is not a >>>>>> problem. >>>>>> Below you have few details on my environment...very similar to what >>>>>> Len has. >>>>>> >>>>>> foreman-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>>>>> foreman-vmware-1.3.1-1.el6.noarch >>>>>> puppet-server-3.3.2-1.el6.noarch >>>>>> ruby193-rubygem-rbvmomi-1.6.0-1.el6.noarch >>>>>> ruby193-rubygem-fog-1.15.0-2.el6.noarch >>>>>> >>>>>> How can we test why we can't list clusters in our vmware >>>>>> infrastructure? >>>>>> Might be something related to fog and I am saying that because of the >>>>>> below Ruby scripts that should manage that part. >>>>>> >>>>>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/models/compute/clusters.rb >>>>>> >>>>>> /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/fog-1.15.0/lib/fog/vsphere/requests/compute/list_clusters.rb >>>>>> >>>>>> Thanks, >>>>>> Cristi >>>>>> >>>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:03:30 PM UTC+1, len430 wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Sorry, I should have pointed this out: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> In this case, my puppetmaster 3.3.2-1 from puppetlabs was installed >>>>>>> separately from foreman-installer. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Len >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:36:31 AM UTC+13, len430 wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Hi Ohad, >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Thanks for your reply. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> yeah. I'd tried that: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> ... ... >>>>>>>> def raw_clusters(datacenter) >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> #find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ClusterComputeResource) >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> find_raw_datacenter(datacenter).hostFolder.childEntity.grep(RbVmomi::VIM::ComputeResource) >>>>>>>> end >>>>>>>> ... ... >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> no luck showing same "cluster is required" error message. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Len >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:09:18 PM UTC+13, ohad wrote: >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM, len430 wrote: >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> Hi, >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> I'd been trying to implement foreman for our infrastructure. >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> I'd got Foreman 1.3.1 installed on a Centos 6.4 box with the >>>>>>>>>> following smart proxies installed within the same box: >>>>>>>>>> - puppet >>>>>>>>>> - puppet CA >>>>>>>>>> - TFTP >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> I'd also install foreman-vmware to integrate Foreman with my >>>>>>>>>> existing vcenter. I'd successfully connected to vcenter from Foreman and I >>>>>>>>>> managed to see Datacenter, Datastores, Virtual Machines but no Clusters can >>>>>>>>>> be seen from Foreman. There are definitely clusters existing in our >>>>>>>>>> vcenter. >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> When I tried to provision a VM, it keeps showing error message : >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> Failed to create a compute my-vcenter.com (VMWare) instance >>>>>>>>>> my-new-vm.com: cluster is required for this operation >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> but I couldn't see any Clusters available for me to choose in the >>>>>>>>>> Virtual Machine tab. >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> i guess there are different types of licensing of vmware vcenter >>>>>>>>> with regard to api usage, try applying the patch at >>>>>>>>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/1945 >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Ohad >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> Can someone please help? >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> cheers. >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>