Web Site Manual: (2.3.0) Out of date instructions on obtaining 'oauth_consumer_key' and 'oauth_consumer_secret'

Problem: The instructions in the manual for obtaining the ‘oauth_consumer_key’ and ‘oauth_consumer_secret’ are out-of -date, in section 3.2.3 Installation Scenarios

Expected outcome: Up-to-date Instructions :wink:

Foreman and Proxy versions: 2.3.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions: 2.3.0

Distribution and version: Web-Site Issue

Other relevant data:

Raised: Bug #31472: Manual: (2.3.0) Instructions for obtaining the 'oauth_consumer_key' and 'oauth_consumer_secret' are out-of-date - Website - Foreman , but I was not sure if I placed the issue in the correct category (Website) as I didn’t see another relevant category, so I’m raising the issue here in the community Support website, so it does not go unnoticed. :slight_smile: After appropriate developer consultation, its should be a very simple fix.

Thanks for pointing this out. It’d be a great place to make a contribution now that you already know what needs to change. Here is the nightly page of that manual:

We typically update the nightly page in a PR. When it gets approved, we update the PR to update all other affected versions. This makes it easier when changes are requested because it saves you from making those changes in all files.

Question: The changes need to occur in a two spots (repeated text), should that be factored out with the new change? I’m thinking “Keep it simple” and repeat the text, a second time.

Existing Text:

Fill in the OAuth consumer key and secret values from your Foreman instance, retrieve them from Administer > Settings > Authentication, and set the Foreman URLs appropriately.

First Draft Replacement Text:

Fill in the OAuth consumer key and secret values from your Foreman instance, retrieve them from your Foreman server, using: grep oauth_consumer /etc/foreman/settings.yaml, and set the Foreman URLs appropriately.

Changes made as suggested. Pull requested Created.
https://github.com/theforeman/theforeman.org/pull/1743