Which files contain remote management variables?

e.g.
remote_execution_global_proxy
remote_execution_fallback_proxy

remote_execution_ssh_userI want to document how to use them but don't
know where to find them. I don't have a working system with this installed
atm.

thanks

Reading the upstream doc a bit more makes me think these will appear in
Admin > Settings > Remote Execution but I don't have it configured yet. Is
that the only or preferred way to do it?

thanks

··· On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 11:18:10 AM UTC+10, David O'Brien wrote: > > e.g. > *remote_execution_global_proxy* > *remote_execution_fallback_proxy* > > *remote_execution_ssh_user*I want to document how to use them but don't > know where to find them. I don't have a working system with this installed > atm. > > thanks >

As with all settings in 'Admin -> Settings' section, they can be pre-configured in /etc/foreman/settings.yaml. However, since we don't expose this options to the installer, the manual changes to the file would be overriten by the next run of the installer. Therefore the 'Admin -> Settings' (or foreman-rake config from a console) are preferable).

– Ivan

··· ----- Original Message ----- > > > On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 11:18:10 AM UTC+10, David O'Brien wrote: > > > > e.g. > > *remote_execution_global_proxy* > > *remote_execution_fallback_proxy* > > > > *remote_execution_ssh_user*I want to document how to use them but don't > > know where to find them. I don't have a working system with this installed > > atm. > > > > thanks > > > > Reading the upstream doc a bit more makes me think these will appear in > Admin > Settings > Remote Execution but I don't have it configured yet. Is > that the only or preferred way to do it? > > thanks > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "foreman-dev" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

Thanks Ivan, that answers everything.

David

··· On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 5:53:47 PM UTC+10, Ivan Necas wrote: > > As with all settings in 'Admin -> Settings' section, they can be > pre-configured in /etc/foreman/settings.yaml. However, since we don't > expose this options to the installer, the manual changes to the file would > be overriten by the next run of the installer. Therefore the 'Admin -> > Settings' (or `foreman-rake config` from a console) are preferable). > > -- Ivan > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > > > On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 11:18:10 AM UTC+10, David O'Brien > wrote: > > > > > > e.g. > > > *remote_execution_global_proxy* > > > *remote_execution_fallback_proxy* > > > > > > *remote_execution_ssh_user*I want to document how to use them but > don't > > > know where to find them. I don't have a working system with this > installed > > > atm. > > > > > > thanks > > > > > > > Reading the upstream doc a bit more makes me think these will appear in > > Admin > Settings > Remote Execution but I don't have it configured yet. > Is > > that the only or preferred way to do it? > > > > thanks > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups > > "foreman-dev" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an > > email to foreman-dev...@googlegroups.com . > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > >