Can someone please confirm or laff at me for misunderstanding how i can nest installs please, my network at work is very locked down so i try to do the following.
On the edge dmz i have a full 1.17 install, I setup local repos for all the files needed to create an offline/airgapped install inside my network.
On my internal network, i create a new centos 7.4 install and setup repos to install from my edge server with no other dns.
I run the scenario katello installer but each time i get to about 82% when its trying to setup the cpdb database it fails because the logical expectation is wrong… so is this expected
I am able to do the following using Foreman1.16 and the above was not expected given my limited understanding
If you are able to do this with 1.16 and not 1.17, then it is likely a bug. Could you provide more information about the failure you are getting?
Its at the poing the installer is populating the cpdb database at the 82% part of the script, You see it opening the db up and i think about to populate it and the logical test fails, i think it is expecting the open to fail because the db should not exist in a new install but instead of return 0 it returns 1 and then everything is red text
Sorry i can be of more use, i dont know how to use this pastebin thing
perhaps someone for @katello team can assist?
@fdisk101 installing a “disconnected” setup should be supported, if it bugs out for you it’s a bug that we should fix
can you provide the contents of
/var/log/foreman-installer from the failing node? I wonder if that’s something like https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1501846 (even tho that one should be already fixed in all relevant branches).
Hi, is this what your looking for? https://pastebin.com/JEk87wAh
if so the error starts about line 23300
Yeah, that is definitely not the BZ link I posted. Not much output there though. Can you post
hah, so it IS the mentioned BZ.
liquibase.exception.ChangeLogParseException: Error parsing line 7 column 75 of db/changelog/20171017062314-add-target-index-on-job-table.xml: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'http://www.liquibase.org/xml/ns/dbchangelog/dbchangelog-3.5.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
which versions of liquibase and candlepin do you have on your install?
not sure, i built my upstream server and the failed downstream server from the foreman repos at the weekend, upstream is showing candlepin 2.1.12, liquidbase 126.96.36.199
@fdisk101 ok, so the fix for that issue is in candlepin 2.1.14, I wonder why you get .12 here.
i built it using the repos listed in katello 3.6 built
can you try candlepin 2.1.14 from here https://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/nightly/candlepin/el7/x86_64/?
I’d have expected it to be also in the 3.6 repos, but it seems not to
I set my upstream server to look at candlepin nightly as suggested, resynced, updated and the end result is i now have a internal hub server… woohoo, i had pissed away nearly a week of effort thinking it was me or my bloody office network. Many thanks, much appreciated help
thanks for testing. we’ll make sure the fixed RPMs make it into the 3.6 release.
cc @Zhunting @akofink @Justin_Sherrill
it does, however, leave an annoying question unanswered… how come i can build a katello 3.6 build with a vm with internet connectivity using candlepin 2.1.12 as is… but when i do the disjoined version it fails because it needed the corrected 2.1.14 build.
Time to update my edge server
so the underlying problem is that: the candlepin RPM references a liquibase XSD file with a version, however, the version shipped in the liquibase RPM is lower, so the XML parser is nice to you and just goes and fetches the version off the internet. in your disconnected environment, the last step fails.
the fix is to require a lower version of that XSD file, which is actually shipped
This should now be fixed in Candlepin 2.1.14, newly packaged with Katello 3.5.1. The change was just published, so you can update using yum. Please let me know if it doesn’t work for you.
It should also be available in the 3.6 RC