assuming no partitioning was done). The error is

Failed to create a compute houesx982 (VMWare) instance
puppet-test.example.com: InvalidProperty:

How do I find out what the invalid property is? The
/var/log/foreman/production.log just repeats the same error with no
clarification. I can provide more confirmations about my definitions for
compute resources/profiles, installation media, architectures, operating
systems, etc but I didn't want to give a giant dump of all that if this is
a known issue that can be answered with just a fraction of the information.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just hit the same issue…

Cheers
Gav

··· On Tuesday, 5 August 2014 18:08:01 UTC+1, Justin Georgeson wrote: > > I saw in vSphere that the VM was created in the right datacenter, but it > looks like it doesn't do any of the provisioning (the Summary tab in > vSphere doesn't show anything under Network, there's no OS installed so I'm > assuming no partitioning was done). The error is > > Failed to create a compute houesx982 (VMWare) instance > puppet-test.example.com: InvalidProperty: > > How do I find out what the invalid property is? The > /var/log/foreman/production.log just repeats the same error with no > clarification. I can provide more confirmations about my definitions for > compute resources/profiles, installation media, architectures, operating > systems, etc but I didn't want to give a giant dump of all that if this is > a known issue that can be answered with just a fraction of the information. >

Nope. I've attached a log file that shows the Ruby stacktrace.

foreman-esx-invalidproperty.log (15.1 KB)

··· On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:29:24 AM UTC-5, Gavin Williams wrote: > > Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just hit the same issue... > > Cheers > Gav > > On Tuesday, 5 August 2014 18:08:01 UTC+1, Justin Georgeson wrote: >> >> I saw in vSphere that the VM was created in the right datacenter, but it >> looks like it doesn't do any of the provisioning (the Summary tab in >> vSphere doesn't show anything under Network, there's no OS installed so I'm >> assuming no partitioning was done). The error is >> >> Failed to create a compute houesx982 (VMWare) instance >> puppet-test.example.com: InvalidProperty: >> >> How do I find out what the invalid property is? The >> /var/log/foreman/production.log just repeats the same error with no >> clarification. I can provide more confirmations about my definitions for >> compute resources/profiles, installation media, architectures, operating >> systems, etc but I didn't want to give a giant dump of all that if this is >> a known issue that can be answered with just a fraction of the information. >> >