2nd day operations vSphere vCenter VMware

Hey Everyone,
we’re looking at foreman to replace vRealize Automation. We’re lacking some core functionality and I am wondering if my understanding of Foreman is correct. And maybe someone has ideas or alternatives or best practises

Problem:
We can deploy VMs to vCenter very well. Configure CPU, Mem, Storage, Network. Post-provision tasks also work like installing software.
We also have ansible configured so we can run scripts inside the deployed host (like install software or change passwords, add users, etc)

However - we have no way to do any 2nd day operation on the host. Change CPU/Mem/Storage for user self service. All users have access to their VMs in Foreman. We don’t allow them to vCenter (same setup as in vrealize automation). We would also like to add self-service operations for them to tag their VM, which can then have automated actions like configuring backup. But we cannot see a way to do this.

We cannot run script inside host to connect to vCenter as this will require password and connection to vCenter (not allowed). we need a way that Foreman can solve this problem, or a dedicated management server in which we can inject such scripts

the only way I have found so far is to:

• use parameters on host and use a webhook that runs tasks when there is a change on host. this requires user to have access to parameters and change them. Somehow works in a POC but seems cumbersome.

Expected outcome:

Maybe there is a way to add custom 2nd day operation action items to a vCenter VM?

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:
Anything you might need, let me know if my problem is not clear