Ansible Remote Execution: How to apply sudo password?

Problem:
I cant get Ansible Playbooks running with the supplied sudo password under global settings.
As soon as I run a Playbook, where sudo / root permissions are required, e.g. installing packages, I get the following error:

4:
TASK [Gathering Facts] *********************************************************
   5:
fatal: [hostname]: FAILED! => 
   6:
  msg: Incorrect sudo password

logs from auth.log

pam_unix(sudo:auth): conversation failed
Dec 11 16:33:00 hostname sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): auth could not identify password for [foreman]
Dec 11 16:33:00 hostname sudo:  foreman : 1 incorrect password attempt ; TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/foreman ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/sh -c echo BECOME-SUCCESS-nqcfxwiezfgjnjpjznjeobctbwycljby ; /usr/bin/python /home/foreman/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1576078372.7-191449271475326/AnsiballZ_setup.py

Remote Execution with “normal” SSH commands work fine, I can install packages, change configs. Therefore the sudo password from global settings seem to work atleast for “normal” SSH commands, but not for Ansible.

Global Remote Execution Settings
Effective User: root
Effective User Method: sudo
SSH User: foreman
Sudo password: password_in_plaintext

Authenification via SSH is done with pub/priv RSA key.

Expected outcome:
Use the sudo password from global settings.

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
foreman_remote_execution: 1.8.2
katello: 3.13.3
foreman_ansible: 3.0.9

Other relevant data:

Am I missing something? Isnt the global sudo settings supposed to work with Ansible?

Thanks for your help

just to check, have you try to use sudo into a shell with foreman user/sudo password? (or check if with a password less sudo is working with foreman)
I have the same version/conf and it’s working.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I tried the password with via shell manually, it works fine. I already checked that a few times, but it does not seem to work.

Dunno what to do else.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.