December 7, 2022, 5:50pm
Would it be possible to replicate this PR for AlmaLinux as a 3.4.x/3.5.x update? As it stands UEFI chainloading will fail by default as the following paths are missing in the pxegrub2_chainload template:
12:26PM - 08 Jul 22 UTC
In pxegrub2_chainload.erb various paths are tried, but the /EFI/rocky/grubx64.ef
… i path is missing. This causes the server to refuse to boot.
To make it easier to use the Rocky Linux installation medium is added.
It would be nice if any changes applied to one RHEL rebuild are also applied to all for consistency and a better user experience.
March 10, 2023, 12:25am
Did the thing here if folks are looking for this in the future:
12:05AM - 10 Mar 23 UTC
This is a bit-for-bit copy of #9295, modified for AlmaLinux.
… nload.erb various paths are tried, but the /EFI/almalinux/grubx64.efi path is missing. This causes the server to refuse to boot.
To make it easier to use the AlmaLinux installation medium is added.
Thank you for contributing to The Foreman, please read the
[following guide](https://www.theforeman.org/contribute.html), in short:
* [Create an issue](https://projects.theforeman.org/projects/foreman/issues)
* Reference the issue via `Fixes #1234` in the commit message
* Prefer present-tense, imperative-style commit messages
* Mark all strings for translation, see 
* Suggest prerequisites for testing and testing scenarios following example above.
* Prepend `[WIP]` for work in progress to prevent bots from triggering actions
* Be patient, we will do our best to take a look as soon as we can
* Explain the purpose of the PR, attach screenshots if applicable
* List all prerequisites for testing (e.g. VMware cluster, two smart proxies...)
* Reviewers often use extensive list of items to check, have a look prior submitting 
* Be nice and respectful