Foreman 2.3.1
Katello 3.18.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
foreman_bootdisk 17.0.2
foreman_hooks 0.3.17

Distribution and version:
Foreman running on Centos 7 with latest updates

Other relevant data:

In order to test creating a Stream machine, i took the hostgroup for provisioning Centos 8 (non-stream) which works and replaced the content-view with a stream version.
No other real changes were made.

I have a feeling that this may be connected to this issue with Centos 8.3: Bug #31452: Cannot build an EL 8.3 system via Satellite Bootdisk or Discovery kexec - Foreman
Since Stream doesn’t report as Centos 8.3 (because it’s not), the fix there isn’t being applied for Stream.

Hello, I also think it’s more likely the networkmanager regression than Stream itself. Have you tried modifying templates according to the patch I’ve done and regenerating bootdisks? That should do it!

I’ve tested editing some templates, but i’m not sure which templates are being used when using BootDisk, so not 100% sure which template to modify to test out

The ones in the patch. Bootdisk uses few templates, the one you want to change is a PXELinux template most likely.

I’ve tested CentOS 8 Stream today and it works fine.

I seem to have found my problem.
I was cloning the pxelinux template and editing it as well as the kernel_options one, changed references etc.
Edited the OS to use this new template and tested, and it still failed on the same step.
It seems as though Bootdisk is only reading the default template - after unlocking and editing the default PXElinux and kernel_options snippet, it got past the dracut timeout.
I would’ve thought that Bootdisk would render it’s images based on the specified templates and not the default, but this appears to not be the case.