}
}
Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
Foreman 2.1.4
Katello 3.16
Other relevant data:

1. I used to have this server registered in Foreman but has since been removed. I am wondering if the error is due to that but;
  2. I have looked into the location_id , hostgroup_id, organization_id specified i cant seem to find the mentioned host name.
  3. Host search feature in foreman-rake console also returned “nil” when searching for the corresponding terms.

Hi @pineapplebun,

Thanks for raising this. Looking at similar issues, I found this as a suggested solution:

• Check if the puppet-agent was configured on the client and the stale entry is still available under /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl.
  • If the stale entry is still available then clear the old certs from /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl and try to re-register the client.

Can you check if this solves the issue for you?

Hi @sajha,

Really appreciate your response. I have followed your steps on both my Foreman client and the host I am trying to register but it is still unsuccessful.

Here’s more additional information that you might help:

1. Manually registering the host with the name on Foreman client (hosts > create host) will return “has already taken” for the name field.

I believe the stale record should be within the Foreman Host server, any idea on how i might be able to cleanse it?

Thanks

Hey, did you try looking outside the given Organization/Location? One can construct cases where a host entry will be created without any Org/Loc assignment and then if you look inside you won’t find them, but the “not unique” check will still fail.

hey @evgeni,

Yes I have cycled through different organizations and locations combinations to check for an instance of the host name. Is hasn’t been fruitful.