Bridge: automatic filtering via arp/ip/ip6tables has been deprecated. Update your scripts to load br_netfilter

Problem:
When trying to discover a machine using foreman efi, the files are downloaded fine but the discover fails on this line.
bridge: automatic filtering via arp/ip/ip6tables has been deprecated. Update your scripts to load br_netfilter

Expected outcome:
For the discover to work

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Can anyone advise on what files we need to update to get this to work?

Do you mean foreman discovery?

Can you pastebin the whole error?

Hi Izap,

So the issue occurs after the machine pxe boots, it displays the options to do the foreman discover and then proceeds to try and discover.

It then hangs on that error message.

Can you advise how to pastebin the whole error?

Attach a screenshot of the error.

I haven’t seen this one in my entire life, so this is new.

Hello Izap,

Please see the attached image of the client machine with the error on the last line.

That’s what I thought. This is some kind of a warning message by the kernel. This is not the problem you are facing.

It’s not booting for some reason, that’s the issue. What kind of hardware this is? Is it supported by EL7? Discovery is currently built from EL7, little bit older OS. We plan to upgrade it to EL8.

Try to boot CentOS7 installation DVD on that hardware.

Hi Izap,

Thanks for the reply.

It’s a Lenovo ThinkStation P340, Unsure if this is supported?

Will try to boot from Centos7 from DVD.

Hi Izap,

So we can boot from a USB drive and install the OS from there.

We have managed to get the GUI of foreman to output now and the following images attached show the error message. We suspect it’s something to do with the NIC in the machine.

Any advise would be welcomed.

Regards
Spencer

Hey, the last photos show you have a networking problem. The last one says literally: unable to resolve that hostname you entered/configured.

The one above means that DHCP did not assigned an IP address, thus SSL cert cannot be generated.

Hi Izap,

Super thank you. We did manage to install ubuntu on this machine but not CentOS.

I will liaise with our network team.

Regards
Spencer

Hi Izap,

We believe this issue may actually be to the files foreman is sending this machine. For reference, the machines we have built in the past have all been HP machines.

This new machine (Lenovo P340 thinkstation) is the one we are currently testing.

Are there are config files foreman side that we need to update for the new hardware?

Regards
Spencer

What you are seeing on the screen is a simple TCP connection error. This has nothing to do with hardware, unless this P340 does not have a network driver in RHEL7. Which I doubt is the case.