Centos 7 kickstart installation failing

Problem:

Builds via Foreman were working the last time I deployed a node. I haven’t made any changes to the configuration but now packages not available in the CentOS 7.0.1406 base repsitory are not installing

Expected outcome:

The installation should work as it used to as I believe no changes have been made since the last successful installation.

Foreman and Proxy versions:

1.10.4-1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Other relevant data:

http://debugs.theforeman.org/foreman-debug-P3gVF.tar.xz

This is where things go wrong. https://imgur.com/a/mq4yVLN

First of all…welcome to the Foreman community :slight_smile:

I don’t know if we can help you on this topic because of the rather old versions you are using.
The last supported Foreman version is currently 1.19 because we already reached 1.22, so is CentOS 7.0 out of support for a while.

I’m not sure if I understand your issues correctly… “packages not available in the CentOS 7.0.1406 base repsitory are not installing” <— this behavior should be normal, shouldn’t it?
Guessing you mean the deployment wants to install packages which are not available in CentOS 7.0.1406.

Did you verify that the paths to the repo in Foreman are correct?

My version is horribly out-of-date mostly because it was working for what I needed, which is a provisioning system for machines that do scientific work and need to have many package versions frozen. If I upgrade to CentOS 7.1, everyone’s code breaks so I just keep those machines locked down with only a few users who can access them.

I did try the steps to upgrade. Everything works until I get to version 1.16. The 1.15 to 1.16 upgrade just completely breaks so I’m working on building from scratch with the latest stable version and plans to keep it up-to-date.

I believe I’ve narrowed the problem down to an SSL error with the EPEL repository. I’ve made a local copy of EPEL and am serving it via HTTP to test.

That worked. It was an SSL error preventing, among other things, puppet from installing.